PDA

View Full Version : Robinson mechanics group?

Gyroplanes
February 8th 04, 05:52 AM
Anyone know of a newsgroup for Robinson mechanics?
Is there enough interest to start one?
Tom

Eric D
February 9th 04, 08:11 PM
> Anyone know of a newsgroup for Robinson mechanics?
> Is there enough interest to start one?
> Tom

Tom,

I can't speak for everyone else, but I see no reason why this news
group can't be used for rotorcraft related maintenance issues. What
might be the benefit of starting a separate area?

I think you will find that most mechanics work on more then just
Robinson. Having a general area like this news groups might give some
insight to some issue on a other makes and models too.

Eric D

Gyroplanes
February 10th 04, 03:13 AM
Eric,
I see your point in wanting to share information. That's why a inquired about a
newsgroup for Robinson mechanics.
I don't know how many other helicopter mechanics haunt this site.
I've been visiting this site for several years and have found very little
maintenance traffic.
Tom

Sla#s
February 10th 04, 07:21 PM
"Gyroplanes" > wrote in message
> Eric,
> I see your point in wanting to share information. That's why a inquired
about a
> newsgroup for Robinson mechanics.
> I don't know how many other helicopter mechanics haunt this site.
> I've been visiting this site for several years and have found very little
> maintenance traffic.

I'm a mechanic in the UK Licensed on 355 350 206 315 & 47.
Yes, I have often thought that the Usenet could do with a mechanics forum
but even with the enormous increase in size of the internet in general I
still think there are to few mechanics to make a separate group viable.

Phil Slattery

Eric D
February 10th 04, 09:05 PM
> newsgroup for Robinson mechanics.
> I don't know how many other helicopter mechanics haunt this site.
> I've been visiting this site for several years and have found very little
> maintenance traffic.

Well, let's see if we can change some of that if the group wants too.
Anyone here a PAMA member? For those that don't know what this is, it
stands for Professional Aviation Maintenance Association <pama.org> I
have not joined. I was at the Great Lakes Aviation Conference this
last weekend in Lansing, Michigan. Anyone else there from this news
group? I attend this for FAA approved classes that can be used to
renew my inspection authorization. According to the PAMA rep, you're
A&P is worth 67 credits if you wish to obtain a college degree. I am
looking into this. I've been an A&P over 31 years. I am tired of the
excuses that I can't get a promotion without a degree.

Eric D

helicopterandy
February 11th 04, 07:18 AM
If you want good mechanical insight there are several A&P and IA's at
the Yahoo group entitled:
robinsonr22helicopters
The above is the exact spelling. Just go to yahoo and then "groups"
then search for it.
Very good forum. Not all the experimental/hybrid/never-get-off-ground
junk like here.
Also, try PPrune.org
Another excellent heli site.

Good luck!