PDA

View Full Version : Press fit numbers?

Boelkowj
April 29th 04, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know what "press fit 1,2 or 3" is? And the differences. This
relates to tension difference in putting a bolt through a hole. Thats all I
know about it. I was told to do a "press fit 3". What do I do to meet that
spec?

Larry

John Kunkel
April 29th 04, 06:51 PM
"Boelkowj" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know what "press fit 1,2 or 3" is? And the differences. This
> relates to tension difference in putting a bolt through a hole. Thats all
> know about it. I was told to do a "press fit 3". What do I do to meet that
> spec?

Beg, borrow, or steal a copy of Machinery's Handbook, there is a whole
section on fits.

Google