PDA

View Full Version : 4130 sheet source

Leon McAtee
April 30th 04, 02:15 AM
I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
for a year.

If I can't find 4130 I may consider something like 1026. Anyone know
of a source for this? A not so quick Internet search found little.
------------------
Leon McAtee

Richard Lamb
April 30th 04, 04:13 AM
Leon McAtee wrote:

> I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
> UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
> Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
> so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
> for a year.
>
> If I can't find 4130 I may consider something like 1026. Anyone know
> of a source for this? A not so quick Internet search found little.
> ------------------
> Leon McAtee

That sucks.
If Dillsburg doesn't have it, there isn't any...

Richard

Steve Waltner
April 30th 04, 04:20 AM
In article >, Leon
McAtee > wrote:
> I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
> UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
> Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
> so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
> for a year.
>
> If I can't find 4130 I may consider something like 1026. Anyone know
> of a source for this? A not so quick Internet search found little.
> ------------------
> Leon McAtee

I found a couple sites with Google. The search was
http://www.google.com/search?q=4130n+%22steel+sheet%22

Some matches include:
http://www.dipmetals.com/product_spotlight.htm
http://www.sky-craft.co.uk/4130n_steel_sheet.htm
http://www.gofastproducts.com/4130n_plate.htm

One of these mentioned the fact that the mill did stop producing this,
so supplies were becoming limited.

Steve

Dave S
April 30th 04, 02:16 PM
So then what? what is a good alternative for this product?

Dave

Steve Waltner wrote:
> In article >, Leon
> McAtee > wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
>>UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
>>Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
>>so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
>>for a year.
>>
>>If I can't find 4130 I may consider something like 1026. Anyone know
>>of a source for this? A not so quick Internet search found little.
>>------------------
>>Leon McAtee
>

> I found a couple sites with Google. The search was
> http://www.google.com/search?q=4130n+%22steel+sheet%22
>
> Some matches include:
> http://www.dipmetals.com/product_spotlight.htm
> http://www.sky-craft.co.uk/4130n_steel_sheet.htm
> http://www.gofastproducts.com/4130n_plate.htm
>
> One of these mentioned the fact that the mill did stop producing this,
> so supplies were becoming limited.
>
> Steve

richard riley
April 30th 04, 07:52 PM
On 29 Apr 2004 18:15:06 -0700, (Leon McAtee)
wrote:

:I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
:UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
:Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
:so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
:for a year.

(206) 285-8603 ask for Tom, they have several pieces.

Paul Lee
May 1st 04, 01:08 AM
Got a 9" x 9" x 0.1" 4130 plate kicking around here. Anybody
need it?

Paul Lee, SQ2000 canard: www.abri.com/sq2000

(Leon McAtee) wrote in message >...
> I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
> UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
> Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
> so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
> for a year.
>
> If I can't find 4130 I may consider something like 1026. Anyone know
> of a source for this? A not so quick Internet search found little.
> ------------------
> Leon McAtee

Leon McAtee
May 1st 04, 04:01 AM
richard riley > wrote in message >...

> (206) 285-8603 ask for Tom, they have several pieces.

Thanks to you and the others for the leads. I WILL follow up on them.
I had heard about a 4130 sheet shortage a year or so ago but everyone
seemed to think it was a minor bump in the road and would not be much
of a problem. From what I've been told, by people that should know,
this shortage may be long lasting and more than a "bump". Couple this
with the fact that steel for Whitmann style gear legs(and RV's)is also
no longer available it makes one wonder about the health of the US
steel industry..............

=====================
Leon McAtee

May 2nd 04, 08:29 PM
On 30 Apr 2004 20:01:08 -0700, (Leon McAtee)
wrote:

>richard riley > wrote in message >...
>
>> (206) 285-8603 ask for Tom, they have several pieces.
>
>Thanks to you and the others for the leads. I WILL follow up on them.
> I had heard about a 4130 sheet shortage a year or so ago but everyone
>seemed to think it was a minor bump in the road and would not be much
>of a problem. From what I've been told, by people that should know,
>this shortage may be long lasting and more than a "bump". Couple this
>with the fact that steel for Whitmann style gear legs(and RV's)is also
>no longer available it makes one wonder about the health of the US
>steel industry..............

>Leon McAtee
What US steel industry?
Canadian steel industry is virtually dead too.

Google