PDA

View Full Version : Is Falcon 5.0 in development?

Radeon350
July 7th 03, 11:45 AM
would really like to know ^__^

when Falcon 4.0 was in development, 3D acceleration was new. when
Falcon 4.0 came out (late 1998 iirc) 3D cards were in their 3rd or 4th
generation, but it was still pre-T&L days, before the GeForce256
(GF1), so geometry and lighting in hardware was not at the consumer
level yet.

I would like to see what can be done on DX9 cards, with DX8 being the
default minimum. think of how incredible Falcon 5.0 could be on ATI's
R350 and Nvidia's NV35.

probably though, by the time Falcon 5.0 ships, if it does at all, the
R500 and NV50 cards will be out :)

HockeyTownUSA
July 7th 03, 03:09 PM
http://www.g2interactive.com/index.html

"Radeon350" > wrote in message
m...
> would really like to know ^__^
>

> when Falcon 4.0 was in development, 3D acceleration was new. when
> Falcon 4.0 came out (late 1998 iirc) 3D cards were in their 3rd or 4th
> generation, but it was still pre-T&L days, before the GeForce256
> (GF1), so geometry and lighting in hardware was not at the consumer
> level yet.
>
> I would like to see what can be done on DX9 cards, with DX8 being the
> default minimum. think of how incredible Falcon 5.0 could be on ATI's
> R350 and Nvidia's NV35.
>
> probably though, by the time Falcon 5.0 ships, if it does at all, the
> R500 and NV50 cards will be out :)

Vern Pellerin
July 8th 03, 03:57 PM
Chris Simpson > wrote in news:3F09A246.8010200
@yahoo.com:

> It was, I am not sure if is's now....

Nobody knows. We're all waiting for G2I to tell us if Falcon5 is still in
the works or dead as a door-nail.

Jeff Hunt
July 12th 03, 04:02 AM
The beans were spilled a long time ago, but no one wanted to believe it.

It's dead, Jim. I am just a doctor, not a dilithium crystal jeweler!

Jeff

"Peter Parker" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:46:43 -0400, "Gary Cooper"
> > wrote:
>

> >Oh, lots of folks know.
> >
> >-moggy
> >

> Then spill the beans!

Gary Cooper
July 12th 03, 03:08 PM
> Then spill the beans!

There's no great mystery. A dozen or so people all got together
from about Mid-March to Mid-June last year. The promised
development money was not forth-coming, and G2I ceased to
exist apart from name only.

-moggy

Gary Cooper
July 14th 03, 02:11 PM
> >There's no great mystery. A dozen or so people all got together
> >from about Mid-March to Mid-June last year. The promised
> >development money was not forth-coming, and G2I ceased to
> >exist apart from name only.
>
> Yea, we all know that already. But not long ago they said they were
> going to make an announcement regarding plans for F5 then they said
> they can't make that announcement just now. That's the bit I'm
> wondering about and not last years news. They still have a website up
> so they must have some sort of plan going. Maybe you don't know as
> much as you think you do.

There were a lot of "imminent announcements" last year about when
we'd be getting paid, too.

Believe what you want, but that website is all that's left of G2i. There
is no "they", there's only "him".

I've got the only product G2i ever released, an OIR Tshirt. If you
want it, it's yours (I'll even throw in my business card) for the low low
price of $15,000 - that's about the amount I'm in the hole from the whole
fiasco.

Gary "moggy" Cooper
Ex-Executive Producer
Force 12 Studios of G2 Interactive

Overkill
July 19th 03, 04:02 AM
"Gary Cooper" > wrote in message >...
> > Ouch, sorry, didn't know you were on the team.
>
> np, I knew you didn't. I've also seen the conjecture for
> the past year, most of it uninformed.
>
> I do need to amend my previous post, though - just got
> a bill from the apartment complex in Denver where I had
> to break my lease. My cost for the G2i endeavor is now
> roughly $20k.
>
> -moggy

I thought the fact that F5 would be a complete new codebase was pretty
well known. I think Snacko over at Frugal's World stated as much some
two years ago. Anyhow, I am really disappointed for you guys the dev
team and simmers who really wanted a updated Falcon. G2I is still
spitting out rumors of a beta test of something. It could be OIR but
who knows and how did Claude even develop something?

Gary,

Do you know how long G2I has the licensing rights? How long until
perhaps another team can lobby Atari for new licensing rights?

Gary Cooper
July 21st 03, 03:21 AM
> Gary,
>
> Do you know how long G2I has the licensing rights? How long until
> perhaps another team can lobby Atari for new licensing rights?

No idea, sorry. Never read the contract

-moggy

Google