PDA

View Full Version : Re: FS2004 on Discovery Wings channel (xplane)

Steve
July 20th 03, 09:12 AM
Nathan wrote:

> The show also showed this military helicopter sim where the person wore a
> VR helmet and the smoothness of the system was second to none. It gave a
> sense of speed without any jerkiness and freedom of movement to look
> around like I've never seen before. It was very realistic in that sense.
> However, that system is just for military training and not available to
> us. If FS2004 performed anywhere close to that sim I'd be a very, very,
> very happy camper.

There is always xplane. IMHO it has a more realistic flight model and the
display is much smoother. Only bad news is that the scenery is poor
compared to MSFS.

http://www.x-plane.com

H M
July 20th 03, 02:06 PM
> There is always xplane. IMHO it has a more realistic flight model and the
> display is much smoother. Only bad news is that the scenery is poor
> compared to MSFS.
>
> http://www.x-plane.com

x-plane is not an option for me. the flight model may be good (don't
know) but it has nothing to offer in terms of system simulation in
airliners. those jets don't even have APUs...

Bruce Shankle
July 21st 03, 09:24 AM
H M > wrote in message >...
> > There is always xplane. IMHO it has a more realistic flight model and the
> > display is much smoother. Only bad news is that the scenery is poor
> > compared to MSFS.
> >
> > http://www.x-plane.com
>
> x-plane is not an option for me. the flight model may be good (don't
> know) but it has nothing to offer in terms of system simulation in
> airliners. those jets don't even have APUs...

I did purchase XPlane and documented my experience here:
http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html

-Bruce Shankle

Tim Lavoie
July 21st 03, 05:15 PM

Bruce> I did purchase XPlane and documented my experience here:
Bruce> http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html

And let's not forget http://x-plane.org, where some more favorable
opinions may be found.

The way I see it, you get a decent user community either way, so it
mostly boils down to user preference. Perhaps the remaining bullet
point for side-by-side comparisons is:

short-tempered on occasion.

Microsoft Flight Sim: Written and supported by a huge corporation,
who will cheerfully ignore you until it's time to sell you their
next release.

--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
-- Wynn Catlin

Don Parker
July 21st 03, 08:19 PM
"Tim Lavoie" > wrote in message

> --
> Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
> -- Wynn Catlin

LOL - I've also heard it's being able to tell someone to go to hell, and
have them look forward to the trip!!

H M
July 21st 03, 10:39 PM
> I did purchase XPlane and documented my experience here:
> http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html

i've read that. another reason NOT to buy x-plane, IMHO.

Google