PDA

View Full Version : I bought X-Plane and I want to share my experience

Bruce Shankle
July 21st 03, 07:59 AM
Dear fellow flight sim users,

I recently purchased X-Plane and had such an interesting experience that
I thought I'd share (see http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html).

I am curious if any of you have had an experience anywhere close to mine?

Sincerely,
Bruce Shankle

Anthony
July 21st 03, 02:38 PM
In article >, Bruce
Shankle > wrote:

> Dear fellow flight sim users,
>
> I recently purchased X-Plane and had such an interesting experience that
> I thought I'd share (see http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html).
>
> I am curious if any of you have had an experience anywhere close to mine?
>
> Sincerely,
> Bruce Shankle

Last Friday I received the X-Plane version 7 CD. After I downloaded the
scenery CDs I decompressed them and put the scenery files in the right
directory within the latest X-Plane 7.00RC4-version that I had
downloaded some days earlier, and I was flying. No pain at all, and it
works beautifully. I cannot understand what is so difficult about it.
Anthony.

H M
July 21st 03, 10:33 PM
Bruce Shankle wrote:
> Dear fellow flight sim users,
>
> I recently purchased X-Plane and had such an interesting experience that
> I thought I'd share (see http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html).
>
> I am curious if any of you have had an experience anywhere close to mine?

reading that email exchange reminded me of 2 issues i had with x-plane,
but they were nowhere near as bad.
- one of the earlier versions worked only the first time after
installation. when i started it again, i got an error message, something
about a .dat file not found. i reinstalled it, and it worked again, but
only the first time. i emailed austin, but he didn't (couldn't?) solve
the problem.
- they must have got the parameters for the 747 wrong. this was
concerning optimum altitude, N1 and range. don't remember the exact
details. let's just say a real 747 outperforms the x-plane 747 by far,
both in terms of range and altitude. again, no cunstructive help from
austin...

Google