PDA

View Full Version : Re: Has Anyone had experience with X-Plane?

John Westerlage
July 21st 03, 01:38 PM
Good grief!

I've just looked at Bruce's website. That has made up my mind. MSFS
it is.

Thanks for sharing that, Bruce. I wish more people would speak up
like this when they've been done wrong.

jw

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:51:46 GMT, Bruce Shankle
> wrote:

>Yes, I've had some experience with X-Plane which I documented here:
>http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html
>
>I hope you have a better experience than I did.
>
>-Bruce Shankle
>
>John Westerlage wrote:
>> I'm thinking of trying X-Plane, based on the August Popular Science
>> article, but I thought I'd ask first for any input, either pro or con,
>> by anyone who had actually tried it. Thanks for your help.
>>
>> jw

Walt Bertram
July 21st 03, 06:07 PM
I would take Bruce's web site with a HUGH grain of salt. I read it all,
and

1) it does NOT reflect my experiences with X-Plane, and

2) just reading the site, it seems to as if Bruce is the one in need of
help, both tech help with x-plane, and some help in how to interact with
people.

Just my observations.

Walt

John Westerlage wrote:

> Good grief!
>
> I've just looked at Bruce's website. That has made up my mind. MSFS
> it is.
>
> Thanks for sharing that, Bruce. I wish more people would speak up
> like this when they've been done wrong.
>
> jw
>
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:51:46 GMT, Bruce Shankle
> > wrote:
>
> >Yes, I've had some experience with X-Plane which I documented here:
> >http://home.nc.rr.com/bshankle/xplane.html
> >
> >I hope you have a better experience than I did.
> >
> >-Bruce Shankle
> >
> >John Westerlage wrote:
> >> I'm thinking of trying X-Plane, based on the August Popular Science
> >> article, but I thought I'd ask first for any input, either pro or con,
> >> by anyone who had actually tried it. Thanks for your help.
> >>
> >> jw

H M
July 21st 03, 10:02 PM
John Westerlage wrote:
> I'm thinking of trying X-Plane, based on the August Popular Science
> article, but I thought I'd ask first for any input, either pro or con,
> by anyone who had actually tried it. Thanks for your help.

i've tried x-plane, and decided not to buy it. i don't know how good the
flight model is, but it offers nothing in terms of systems simulation
(in airliners). as a PS1 user that's a MAJOR turnoff for me.

Google