PDA

View Full Version : CAPA Trailer Covers

February 7th 15, 04:26 AM
Does anyone have any experience with these trailer covers? They are a sponsor of the OLC and offer covers for 15m & 18m glider trailers but I can't find any reviews or field reports. Many thanks.

CJ
B3

Andrzej Kobus
February 7th 15, 11:50 AM
> Does anyone have any experience with these trailer covers? They are a sponsor of the OLC and offer covers for 15m & 18m glider trailers but I can't find any reviews or field reports. Many thanks.
>
> CJ
> B3

I don't have experience with these covers but I do have experience with motor home covers. Unless they use Sunbrella fabric the covers are not going to last in the sun. Also please remember some materials don't breathe causing mold. Sunbrella fabric breaths and it is very durable. It will last you years. That is the same material that is being used on outdoor furniture. I use Subrella covers on my motor home.
Call these guys and ask them to make them for you from Sunbrella. Probably around $800-900 for a 15 meter trailer.

CalMark Cover Company (find them on the web).
(800) 838-7236

jfitch
February 7th 15, 05:47 PM
On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 3:50:29 AM UTC-8, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
> On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 11:26:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience with these trailer covers? They are a sponsor of the OLC and offer covers for 15m & 18m glider trailers but I can't find any reviews or field reports. Many thanks.
> >
> > CJ
> > B3
>
> I don't have experience with these covers but I do have experience with motor home covers. Unless they use Sunbrella fabric the covers are not going to last in the sun. Also please remember some materials don't breathe causing mold. Sunbrella fabric breaths and it is very durable. It will last you years. That is the same material that is being used on outdoor furniture. I use Subrella covers on my motor home.
> Call these guys and ask them to make them for you from Sunbrella. Probably around $800-900 for a 15 meter trailer.
>
> CalMark Cover Company (find them on the web).
> (800) 838-7236

Looking at the Capa website, that appears to be the fabric commonly sold in the US as "Evolution" and used for car covers. It is quite water repellent, slightly breathable, and lasts OK, maybe 3-4 years in the sun. There are thinner and thicker versions, the thinner stuff only lasting 1-2 years.

I also have a Calmark cover for my RV mentioned above. It is made of Sunbrella which is not as water repellent but much tougher. I have only had it for a year, reports from users suggest 8-10 years would be expected. I have no reason at this point to doubt it. The thicker Sunbrella material used on boats will last 20 years, even in California or Florida sun.

February 8th 15, 07:12 AM
Thanks very much for the info gentlemen :)

Google