PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 Garmin GPS map question

Charon
July 28th 03, 05:40 PM
I downloaded the video clip from the FS2004 home page and noticed that
about halfway through the clip the VNAV (second button from the right,
bottom)is pressed and the GPS screen goes into a full terrain contour
map. Where does this come from? I don't recall the Garmin 500/530
having this capability. Is this an upcoming feature of the Garmin or
is FS2004 just a little confused between the Garmin and the Apollo?

ArtP
July 28th 03, 06:39 PM
On 28 Jul 2003 09:40:00 -0700, (Charon) wrote:

>I downloaded the video clip from the FS2004 home page and noticed that
>about halfway through the clip the VNAV (second button from the right,
>bottom)is pressed and the GPS screen goes into a full terrain contour
>map. Where does this come from? I don't recall the Garmin 500/530
>having this capability. Is this an upcoming feature of the Garmin or
>is FS2004 just a little confused between the Garmin and the Apollo?

I believe it will be a $500 add on to the Garmins, available by the
end of the year.

Google