PDA

View Full Version : FS Genesis?

Mr Zee
August 1st 03, 02:56 PM
Any opinions on their products? I went to the web site and they have a nice
deal: $150 for unlimited downloads. I couldn't find any 'before and after'
pictures though. It seems like a nice product for somone (like me) who is
more interested in watching the scenery roll by then flying. Thanks.

Randy L.
August 4th 03, 04:44 AM
Mr. Zee,
I installed the FS Genesis 38-meter Rocky Mountain Terrain Mesh for FS2002,
and I really liked it. However, you do take a large framerate hit when you
run this terrain mesh. The framerate hit was so significant on my computer,
that I haven't decided if I want to install in in FS2004 yet. It makes the
terrain elevations look much more realistic, I just am not sure if its worth
the framerate tradeoff or not.

Randy L.
"Mr Zee" > wrote in message
> Any opinions on their products? I went to the web site and they have a
nice
> deal: $150 for unlimited downloads. I couldn't find any 'before and
after'
> pictures though. It seems like a nice product for somone (like me) who is
> more interested in watching the scenery roll by then flying. Thanks.

tom
August 5th 03, 07:46 PM
"Randy L." > wrote:

>Mr. Zee,
>I installed the FS Genesis 38-meter Rocky Mountain Terrain Mesh for FS2002,
>and I really liked it. However, you do take a large framerate hit when you
>run this terrain mesh. The framerate hit was so significant on my computer,
>that I haven't decided if I want to install in in FS2004 yet. It makes the
>terrain elevations look much more realistic, I just am not sure if its worth
>the framerate tradeoff or not.

I ported it to FS2004 - it runs OK if you reduce the cloud complexity.

Better to turn off weather altogether when flying in that area.

-=tom=-

henri Arsenault
August 11th 03, 07:55 PM
I ported my old FSGenesis 150m US scenery into FS2004, and it seems to
work well - at least Point Loma in San diego has some altitude to it
like in real life, which is a welcome change from the "pancake" in
FS2004. I haven"t noticed any slowdown on my 2 gHz system with Radeon
8500.

The file transfer was not exactly as described above (which apparently
refers to more recent Genesis scenery), but it was not too difficult:
one just has to drag all of the .bgl files (not the folders) in the
FSGenesis folders to the World scenery folder in FS2004.

when I start in a location, FS2004 loads the Genesis bgl files instead
of the original FS2004 scenery.

So far so good (as the guy said as he zipped past the 10th floor on the
way down...).

Henri

Google