PDA

View Full Version : Re: It's worth every cent!!!

ArtP
August 1st 03, 06:18 PM
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:09:25 -0500, "Don Parker"
> wrote:

>Anyone sitting on the fence waiting to buy FS2004 is missing out on the best
>EVER (except for the bridges...)!!!

Does it have any light twins?

henri Arsenault
August 1st 03, 06:39 PM
In article >,
ArtP > wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:09:25 -0500, "Don Parker"
> > wrote:
>
> >Anyone sitting on the fence waiting to buy FS2004 is missing out on the best
> >EVER (except for the bridges...)!!!
>
> Does it have any light twins?

Beech Baron.

Henri

Jeffrey Simica
August 1st 03, 08:45 PM
Don,

What is your impression of the water color? Down south ( GA) our water is
not that color of blue. I double checked against FS2K2 and the water color
was much closer in that version. Good Flying!
"Don Parker" > wrote in message
> Anyone sitting on the fence waiting to buy FS2004 is missing out on the
best
> EVER (except for the bridges...)!!! After finally getting some bugs out
of
> my system, I settled down for a little local sightseeing, having already
> been impressed by the urban areas and mountains, and I was amazed how
> accurate the new scenery is here in the boondocks of NW AR! Our little
town
> of Harrison, pop. 12k, has highways where they're supposed to be, a
> reasonable facsimile of town (beats the bloob shown before), airport KHRO
> and buildings are very close. It has to be coincidence, but we just
> extended the south end of the runway, and the ground texture in FS looks
> like new dirt around that area. (:->)) Now THAT would be as "Real As It
> Gets"!
> Flew on over to Bull Shoals lake dam (east end), fed by the White River,
and
> on the river there's a world famous trout fishing resort, "Gastons", with
> it's own grass strip for the well heeled angler, 3M0, and it shows the
> resort cabins along the river (real ones have fireplaces!), gourmet
> resturant/lounge with huge picture windows overlooking the river. Don't
> have FS2k2 on the HD anymore, but I don't remember the detail being
anywhere
> near as good. Didn't see anyone out fishing though - maybe in
> FS2006.......
> Image quality or fps really doesn't seem much different in full screen or
> window mode, just have a couple of blue borders in window mode, and can
use
> multi monitors no problem (I park a large GPS display there - and that's
> another GREAT improvement, along with the new map!!). Kept a uniform fps
of
> hight teens to lock at 20 no matter what I did, even stayed around 15 with
> down map view, using Radeon 9800 128 & P4-3GHz @ 1600 x 1200 on 19" Sony
> CRT, sliders maxed (but didn't have any special weather cranked in so that
> would knock it down, will have to compare later)...
> LOTS of little improvements like being able to adjust your seat (I know
how
> Mini Me would feel with the default seat positon), switch views and not
have
> to readjust everytime, etc,. etc........
> I AM impressed, and at the price, it's a steal! Well done MS. Now,
when's
> the patch for the bridges due???
> Cheers'n beers.
> Don

Don Parker
August 1st 03, 09:48 PM
Jeffrey,
Have to agree with you and a bunch of others that the water is a little too
"Caribbean" with a tad too much turquoise, unless you happen to be island
hopping. Here's a couple of CHI screenshots, and if they would have made it
more like the background of the lake in the Meigs shot, it would have been
more convincing, but at least it's pretty and better than looking like a
slab of bluish concrete. I'm glad to see they have water back in the
Chicago river too, I missed it - fun looking in the windows... <G> btw -
fps were 20 in both shots, everything maxed.
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/chi.jpg www.cox-internet.com/tazman/chi2.jpg

Cheers'n beers.
Don
"Jeffrey Simica" > wrote in message
> Don,
>
> What is your impression of the water color? Down south ( GA) our water
is
> not that color of blue. I double checked against FS2K2 and the water
color
> was much closer in that version. Good Flying!

Skyhawk
August 4th 03, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the screenshots Don. Maybe the water color can be fixed when all
of the bridges suddenly appear. One of my favorite flying areas
(Tampa/St.Pete) is really strange without any bridges.
"Don Parker" > wrote in message
> Jeffrey,
> Have to agree with you and a bunch of others that the water is a little
too
> "Caribbean" with a tad too much turquoise, unless you happen to be island
> hopping. Here's a couple of CHI screenshots, and if they would have made
it
> more like the background of the lake in the Meigs shot, it would have been
> more convincing, but at least it's pretty and better than looking like a
> slab of bluish concrete. I'm glad to see they have water back in the
> Chicago river too, I missed it - fun looking in the windows... <G> btw -
> fps were 20 in both shots, everything maxed.
> www.cox-internet.com/tazman/chi.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/chi2.jpg

> Cheers'n beers.
> Don
> "Jeffrey Simica" > wrote in message
> > Don,
> >
> > What is your impression of the water color? Down south ( GA) our water
> is
> > not that color of blue. I double checked against FS2K2 and the water
> color
> > was much closer in that version. Good Flying!

Google