PDA

View Full Version : FS 2004 - Remove FS 2002,FS 2000?

Jim Cate
August 3rd 03, 09:50 PM
I recently installed FS 2004, and it seems to work fine.

I also have files from FS 2002 and FS2000 stored in my hard drive. - Are
these three FS programs (2000, 2002, 2004) each independent of the
others, and is it safe, and recommended, to delete the files from
earlier versions after installing 2004? Or, should I delete them all
and reinstall 2004?

Thanks,
Jim

bob daye
August 4th 03, 12:59 AM
FS 2004 is a stand-alone installation and there is no need to delete the
others unless you need the HD space.

I would leave the others especially FS2002 in case you wish to port over
some files such as aircraft you have purchased or downloaded. There will be
patches for these as they are not always compatible between versions.

Bob

"Jim Cate" > wrote in message

> I recently installed FS 2004, and it seems to work fine.
>
> I also have files from FS 2002 and FS2000 stored in my hard drive. - Are
> these three FS programs (2000, 2002, 2004) each independent of the
> others, and is it safe, and recommended, to delete the files from
> earlier versions after installing 2004? Or, should I delete them all
> and reinstall 2004?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Google