PDA

View Full Version : Re: Near Catasstrophy over Grand Canyon!

Boudewijn van Ingen
August 6th 03, 01:17 AM
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:46:05 -0500, "Don Parker"
> wrote:

>There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
>fuzzy...........
>And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
>www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
>Cheers'n beers y'all! (:->))
>Don

That kind of "pussy" don't count, for the "mile high club". ;-)

--
Groeten,
Boudewijn.

Skyhawk
August 6th 03, 02:26 AM
I would have to agree with Mr. van Ingen!!!

"Boudewijn van Ingen" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:46:05 -0500, "Don Parker"
> > wrote:
>
> >There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
> >fuzzy...........
> >And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
> >www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
> >Cheers'n beers y'all! (:->))
> >Don
> >

> That kind of "pussy" don't count, for the "mile high club". ;-)
>

> --
> Groeten,
> Boudewijn.

Don Parker
August 6th 03, 04:23 AM
It did it before then, started out at Page AZ, and before getting to the
north rim area saw several streams of water going up, over, around cliffs,
kind of like some roads in other sceneries going straight up cliffs. But,
for the money, what the hell....... Can you imagine this just ten or even
five years ago???

"glathrem" > wrote in message
> Did you fly all the way through to the west end, and then to Hoover dam?
> You'll see some really strange river effects if you do. I didn't know the
> Colorado could climb cliffs!
>

> "Don Parker" > wrote in message
> > There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
> > fuzzy...........
> > And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
> > www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
> > Cheers'n beers y'all! (:->))
> > Don

dyno
August 6th 03, 12:02 PM
"Don Parker" > wrote in message
> FSGenesis, and it's BEAUTIFUL! You have to keep looking back and forth,
> almost like IRL, but it's for the scenery instead of other traffic!! You
> can become fixated on something to the left, and totally miss some awesome
> sights to the right...........
>
> "The man" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > Is that the default mesh on the grand Canyon or did you add a more
> detailed
> > one ?
> >
> > "Don Parker" > wrote in message
> > > There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
> > > fuzzy...........
> > > And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
> > > www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
> > > Cheers'n beers y'all! (:->))
> > > Don

is that smoke from a bush fire in the background? does fs2004 have smoke
haze effect(from fires).. in sydney every december its a natural part of
flying now.. ils on a sunny day

Dan Husk
August 6th 03, 09:28 PM
Don, That is so cool!!! Blue Skies, Danny

"Don Parker" > wrote in message
> There I was, 7,500' over the canyon, when everything started going
> fuzzy...........
> And you pussies think you have VFR problems...... Hummphhh!!!
> www.cox-internet.com/tazman/dmgc.jpg
> Cheers'n beers y'all! (:->))
> Don

Don Parker
August 6th 03, 09:55 PM
"dyno" > wrote in message

> is that smoke from a bush fire in the background? does fs2004 have smoke
> haze effect(from fires).. in sydney every december its a natural part of
> flying now.. ils on a sunny day

Just some low clouds, although IRL it could have been smoke. Arizona has
been trying to keep up with the land of Oz, and doing it's damnest to burn
everything up. Could try loading some real weather out of Tucson and some
other places around there and see what comes up. Haven't seen anything in
2k4 for haze or smoke, but might try some combination of visual distance and
some light precip. That's not the same as coming up on a grey cloud
hovering over the city, or columns of smoke coming up and layering out.
Then throw in some good turbulence when you decide to fly through it! <G>
Cheers.
Don

Google