PDA

View Full Version : Re: Key Assignment and Add On Aircraft Question for FS2K2

Angus Lepper
August 8th 03, 05:33 PM
Yes, they regularly do, by use of guages. For example, install PM2's
(excellent by the way) Concorde, and you'll find a 'Concorde nose Up' entry.
Hope that helps!
"Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
k.net...
> I've noticed that in the assignments section for the key assignments,
after
> I install add on aircraft, I'm seeing entries there that don't show up as
> default assignments for the simulator. For example, I have an avionics
> on/off, a master battery on/off, and a master battery and gen on/off
listed.
> Here's my question.
> When you install an add on from say Lago, FSD, or Captain Sim into FS2K2,
> does their installation change or add assignments to the sim? I am having
> some issues that I think might be related to my having changed some of
these
> assignments from whatever the default assignment was. For example, I
changed
> avionics to simply an (A). Should you...if you are using add on aircraft
in
> FS2K2, leave the default key assignments alone and simply use whatever is
> showing, and can changing an assignment in the sim cause issues and
> conflicts?
> I'm thinking that to resolve my "issues", I might have to restore to the
> default key assignments in the sim, then reinstall ALL my add on aircraft,
> letting the installation assign or add assignments as they go into the
sim.
> Am I on the right track here?
> Many thanks,
> Dudley

Dudley Henriques
August 8th 03, 11:59 PM
Thanks Angus. I'm having some problems and I think it might have been caused
by my changing some of the key functions to other keys that the defaults. I
have an add on Tornado for example, that goes through an automatic start
when a specific cockpit switch is clicked. I would assume it's tied to the
(E) key in some way, but it also brings avionics and generators on line
during the sequence. If I had for example, changed the avionics on/off to
another key, I'm thinking this might foul up the sequence and cause some
issues with avionics.
Just a wild guess here, but I'm trying to learn how these things are
actually done. Come to think of it, I've never seen a warning of any kind
concerning changing key assignments from default settings...so I might be
way off with this theory :-))
DH
"Angus Lepper" > wrote in message
> Yes, they regularly do, by use of guages. For example, install PM2's
> (excellent by the way) Concorde, and you'll find a 'Concorde nose Up'
entry.
> Hope that helps!
> "Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
> k.net...
> > I've noticed that in the assignments section for the key assignments,
> after
> > I install add on aircraft, I'm seeing entries there that don't show up
as
> > default assignments for the simulator. For example, I have an avionics
> > on/off, a master battery on/off, and a master battery and gen on/off
> listed.
> > Here's my question.
> > When you install an add on from say Lago, FSD, or Captain Sim into
FS2K2,
> > does their installation change or add assignments to the sim? I am
having
> > some issues that I think might be related to my having changed some of
> these
> > assignments from whatever the default assignment was. For example, I
> changed
> > avionics to simply an (A). Should you...if you are using add on aircraft
> in
> > FS2K2, leave the default key assignments alone and simply use whatever
is
> > showing, and can changing an assignment in the sim cause issues and
> > conflicts?
> > I'm thinking that to resolve my "issues", I might have to restore to the
> > default key assignments in the sim, then reinstall ALL my add on
aircraft,
> > letting the installation assign or add assignments as they go into the
> sim.
> > Am I on the right track here?
> > Many thanks,
> > Dudley

Handsome
August 9th 03, 12:20 AM
"Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
ink.net...
| Thanks Angus. I'm having some problems and I think it might have been
caused
| by my changing some of the key functions to other keys that the defaults.
| have an add on Tornado for example, that goes through an automatic start
| when a specific cockpit switch is clicked. I would assume it's tied to the
| (E) key in some way, but it also brings avionics and generators on line
| during the sequence. If I had for example, changed the avionics on/off to
| another key, I'm thinking this might foul up the sequence and cause some
| issues with avionics.
| Just a wild guess here, but I'm trying to learn how these things are
| actually done. Come to think of it, I've never seen a warning of any kind
| concerning changing key assignments from default settings...so I might be
| way off with this theory :-))

The only warning that will appear is when you try to assign a key or key
combination that is already being used.
The box will tell you what it is currently assigned to.
If you confirm the change with "OK" you will lose the original assignment.

Martin

Handsome
August 9th 03, 12:41 AM
Meant to add that "Engine Autostart" will always be available so long as you
dont assign "Ctrl+E" to anything else. You can still assign individual
items over and above.

All my personalised key assignments are on "F" keys.
For example F5-F8 are assigned, by default to flaps.
Since I have all those controls on my yoke I can re-assign thes with no
danger of going into the unknown.

One tip.......

If you do have a few personalised assignments etc. it is advisable to make a
back up copy of your FS2002/04.cfg file.
It often seems to go pearshaped within the sim for no apparent reason and
saves you starting all over again. Just overwrite with a copy of the backup
file.

Martin

Martin

"Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
ink.net...
| Thanks Angus. I'm having some problems and I think it might have been
caused
| by my changing some of the key functions to other keys that the defaults.
| have an add on Tornado for example, that goes through an automatic start
| when a specific cockpit switch is clicked. I would assume it's tied to the
| (E) key in some way, but it also brings avionics and generators on line
| during the sequence. If I had for example, changed the avionics on/off to
| another key, I'm thinking this might foul up the sequence and cause some
| issues with avionics.
| Just a wild guess here, but I'm trying to learn how these things are
| actually done. Come to think of it, I've never seen a warning of any kind
| concerning changing key assignments from default settings...so I might be
| way off with this theory :-))
| DH
| "Angus Lepper" > wrote in message
| > Yes, they regularly do, by use of guages. For example, install PM2's
| > (excellent by the way) Concorde, and you'll find a 'Concorde nose Up'
| entry.
| > Hope that helps!
| > "Dudley Henriques" > wrote in message
| > k.net...
| > > I've noticed that in the assignments section for the key assignments,
| > after
| > > I install add on aircraft, I'm seeing entries there that don't show up
| as
| > > default assignments for the simulator. For example, I have an avionics
| > > on/off, a master battery on/off, and a master battery and gen on/off
| > listed.
| > > Here's my question.
| > > When you install an add on from say Lago, FSD, or Captain Sim into
| FS2K2,
| > > does their installation change or add assignments to the sim? I am
| having
| > > some issues that I think might be related to my having changed some of
| > these
| > > assignments from whatever the default assignment was. For example, I
| > changed
| > > avionics to simply an (A). Should you...if you are using add on
aircraft
| > in
| > > FS2K2, leave the default key assignments alone and simply use whatever
| is
| > > showing, and can changing an assignment in the sim cause issues and
| > > conflicts?
| > > I'm thinking that to resolve my "issues", I might have to restore to
the
| > > default key assignments in the sim, then reinstall ALL my add on
| aircraft,
| > > letting the installation assign or add assignments as they go into the
| > sim.
| > > Am I on the right track here?
| > > Many thanks,
| > > Dudley

Dudley Henriques
August 9th 03, 01:24 AM
Thanks very much for all your kind info.

Google