PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 CRACK

Jerry Morgan
August 11th 03, 10:14 AM
Hallo!
I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so I don't
have to use my CDs to fly the FS...

August 11th 03, 10:47 AM
"Jerry Morgan" > wrote in message
> Hallo!
> I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so I
don't
> have to use my CDs to fly the FS...

www.gamecopyworld.com

Jeroen Wenting
August 12th 03, 04:00 PM
if you bought it you need no crack...
The license expressly forbids using them.

"Jerry Morgan" > wrote in message
> Hallo!
> I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so I
don't
> have to use my CDs to fly the FS...

ArtP
August 12th 03, 07:12 PM
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:00:22 +0200, "Jeroen Wenting"
> wrote:

>if you bought it you need no crack...
>The license expressly forbids using them.

You do if you don't want to put the CD in the drive every time you
start the game. Who cares what the license says? It is my game, I paid
for it, and I will use it however I want.

Dick Yuknavech
August 13th 03, 07:49 PM
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:00:22 +0200, Jeroen Wenting wrote in
rec.aviation.simulators:

>"Jerry Morgan" > wrote in message
>> Hallo!
>> I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so I
>don't
>> have to use my CDs to fly the FS...

>if you bought it you need no crack...
>The license expressly forbids using them.

Some of us absolutely NEED the crack because that cockamamie
Safedisk[sic] protection[sic] scheme[OK, "scheme" is accurate] doesn't
work with many readers (such as my DVD writer, which is the only thing
I've got that reads CDs). I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I was
after installing this thing to have it fail to recognize my store-bought
sealed-in-tin CD4. Right about then I was ready to tell both you and Mr.
Gates EXACTLY what he could do with that disk. Matter of fact, I'm still
ready. Wanna hear it?

Also, ALL of us need the crack so we can be spared the indignity of
having to locate and insert the CD just so we can prove we aren't
crooks. Every day. Twice a day on weekends. And any decent (not
"descent") hacker can copy the damn disk anyway.

--

Dick Yuknavech

Jeroen Wenting
August 15th 03, 04:33 AM
So just because software piracy has been around for years software piracy is
suddenly legal?
Very nice reasoning, and completely false of course.

"Quilljar" > wrote in message
> Well I bought it and it would not install/run without the crack, and I
read
> that this is true for a few others. It's a bit late to be too moralistic
now
> as cracks for ALL pc and Mac games have been available on the web for
years
> now.
>
> Jeroen Wenting wrote:
> > if you bought it you need no crack...
> > The license expressly forbids using them.
> >
> > "Jerry Morgan" > wrote in message
> >> Hallo!
> >> I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so
> >> I don't have to use my CDs to fly the FS...

Roger Halstead
August 15th 03, 05:34 AM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:33:04 +0200, "Jeroen Wenting"
> wrote:

>So just because software piracy has been around for years software piracy is
>suddenly legal?
>Very nice reasoning, and completely false of course.

And fair use says you may make a backup copy of your software, yet MS
sets up FS to prevent this. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I have
no sympathy for MS in this case either.

Making a backup is not piracy, or stealing. It is something to which
the purchaser is entitled according to "fair use". Unfortunately
companies like MS have made the decision that fair use only applies to
them.

The perversion of the DMCA is one aspect as to removing users rights.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>"Quilljar" > wrote in message
>> Well I bought it and it would not install/run without the crack, and I
>read
>> that this is true for a few others. It's a bit late to be too moralistic
>now
>> as cracks for ALL pc and Mac games have been available on the web for
>years
>> now.
>>
>> Jeroen Wenting wrote:
>> > if you bought it you need no crack...
>> > The license expressly forbids using them.

Peter Duniho
August 15th 03, 06:25 AM
"Roger Halstead" > wrote in message
> And fair use says you may make a backup copy of your software, yet MS
> sets up FS to prevent this. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I have
> no sympathy for MS in this case either.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but IMHO using a "no CD crack" for the
furtherance of legitimate use (i.e. archival copy) isn't a wrong at all.
Just because something's illegal, that doesn't necessarily make it wrong
(and vice a versa).

By the way, Microsoft was one of the last companies on the copy-protection
bandwagon, other than a brief flirtation with it in the 80's. It's been
standard practice in the games market, by ALL companies, for over a decade.
Not sure if you're singling out Microsoft or not, but if you are, they don't
deserve it. All of the software publishers are equally guilty of putting
their own interests ahead of their *legitimate* users.

> The perversion of the DMCA is one aspect as to removing users rights.

Exactly. One of the most ridiculous provisions of the DMCA is to prohibit
ANY circumvention of copy protection, regardless of intent. I've yet to
read about a serious attempt to contest this in the courts, but IMHO if such
a case does come up and the DMCA isn't found to be unconstitutional at least
in that area, we can pretty much give up on our country ever being again
what the founders intended.

Pete

Roger Halstead
August 15th 03, 07:56 AM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:25:55 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
> wrote:

>"Roger Halstead" > wrote in message
>> And fair use says you may make a backup copy of your software, yet MS
>> sets up FS to prevent this. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I have
>> no sympathy for MS in this case either.
>
>Two wrongs don't make a right, but IMHO using a "no CD crack" for the
>furtherance of legitimate use (i.e. archival copy) isn't a wrong at all.
>Just because something's illegal, that doesn't necessarily make it wrong
>(and vice a versa).

You get no argument from me.

As far as I'm concerned every one has the right to make a backup of
their soft ware. Fair use gave us that.

That the record, movie, and other industries were able to buy off
enough votes to pass such a travesty shows we have a long way to go
before digital media and corporations are willing to give back the
rights they have stolen from the users/public.

As I side comment...At my age, I don't buy much music, but... I wonder
if the record industry is really so dense that they don't realize a
lot of people are no longer buying their music because of their heavy
handed tactics and not because of piracy.

I don't argue that piracy exists, but I think a good portion of their
lost sales that they claim is piracy is in fact people aren't
stealing, they have just quite buying.

Roger
www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Quilljar
August 15th 03, 06:31 PM
I did not claim it was legal, just that I have no compunction about using a
CD crack for any CD I have legally bought. It is the sort of law that bring
law into disrepute. Like jay walking and speeding and trespass, something we
have all done no doubt.

Jeroen Wenting wrote:
> So just because software piracy has been around for years software
> piracy is suddenly legal?
> Very nice reasoning, and completely false of course.
>
> "Quilljar" > wrote in message
>> Well I bought it and it would not install/run without the crack, and
>> I read that this is true for a few others. It's a bit late to be too
>> moralistic now as cracks for ALL pc and Mac games have been
>> available on the web for years now.
>>
>> Jeroen Wenting wrote:
>>> if you bought it you need no crack...
>>> The license expressly forbids using them.

---

Roger Halstead
August 19th 03, 07:34 AM
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:08:58 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
> wrote:

>Well I bought it and it would not install/run without the crack, and I read
>that this is true for a few others. It's a bit late to be too moralistic now
>as cracks for ALL pc and Mac games have been available on the web for years
>now.
>
>Jeroen Wenting wrote:
>> if you bought it you need no crack...
>> The license expressly forbids using them.

The license forbids a lot of things to which "fair use" says you can
have.

AS has been shown on here there are situations where the system will
not run using the DVD drive for disk 4.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

>> "Jerry Morgan" > wrote in message
>>> Hallo!
>>> I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so
>>> I don't have to use my CDs to fly the FS...
>

>---

John E. Carty
August 23rd 03, 04:11 AM
> "Jerry Morgan" > wrote in message
> > Hallo!
> > I've just bought FS2004 and I'm wondering if someone has a crack, so I
> don't
> > have to use my CDs to fly the FS...

You'll find the no cd fix on this page:
http://www.scenery.org/faq.htm

ArtP
August 24th 03, 09:19 PM
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:08:52 GMT, "Marty Ross" >
wrote:

> But do you feel that makes it OK to "Accept" the terms of
>an agreement -- e.g., just because you can't be punished for breaking the
>agreement?

The "agreement" is a very long list of legal boiler plate. Some of it
cannot be enforced either practically or legally. Even the agreement
acknowledges this with the statement if one clause is cannot be
enforced the rest of the clauses will still be in effect. Bottom line
for me is that it is meaningless verbiage with I "agree" to by using
the software. I then completely ignore it. As I stated in a previous
post, I paid for it, it is now mine, and I will use it as I see fit.

Peter Duniho
August 24th 03, 11:18 PM
"Marty Ross" > wrote in message
et...
> Regarding the "implicit agreement about the usability of the software", I
> seem to remember a clause that states something like: "user accepts all
> risks as to fitness of use..." and: "<<producer>> grants no guarantee as
> merchantibility or fitness of use", etc.

Like I said, much of the EULA is unenforceable. The product must be
expected to be usable at some basic level, otherwise the sale of the
software is fraud. The publisher can write "as is" in the EULA all they
want, they still have a legal obligation to expect each and every purchaser
to be able to use the software.

> Regarding how well their agreement holds up in court, I don't know; you're
> probably right. But do you feel that makes it OK to "Accept" the terms of
> an agreement -- e.g., just because you can't be punished for breaking the
> agreement?

Of course I do. The reason I can't be punished is because the agreement
isn't legal. Why should I concern myself with someone else's attempt to
illegally restrict my rights?

Pete

Roger Halstead
August 26th 03, 09:11 PM
wrote:

>Regarding the "implicit agreement about the usability of the software", I
>seem to remember a clause that states something like: "user accepts all
>risks as to fitness of use..." and: "<<producer>> grants no guarantee as to
>merchantibility or fitness of use", etc. Basically, I understand this to
>mean that you're on your own -- the producer (Microsoft) makes NO guarantee
>that you can use the thing for ANY purpose. If they're nice, I guess
>they'll refund your money if it doesn't work for you. BUT THEY DON'T OWE
>YOU ANYTHING IF IT DOESN'T.

And I seriously doubt they are going to go after any one who uses a
crack to run the software. Nor do I see anything wrong with using a
crack so the user doesn't have to bother with inserting the CD
regardless of what the EUL says.

I do disagree with using the crack to allow someone to share. That is
different and a violation of copyright law. The first does not
violate copyright, and it is something that has been provided for in
"fair use" even though the DMCA says otherwise.

it's time someone with enough clout turned the DMCA into something
that treats users and supplies in an equally fair manner.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

bernard spilman
August 28th 03, 10:11 PM
Dry up Marty,
Your BS is why everybody hates lawyers.
WS

Jack Straight
March 1st 04, 05:44 PM
"Peter Duniho" > wrote
> "Roger Halstead" > wrote in message

>> And fair use says you may make a backup copy of your software, yet MS
>> sets up FS to prevent this. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I
>> have no sympathy for MS in this case either.
>
> Two wrongs don't make a right, but IMHO using a "no CD crack" for the
> furtherance of legitimate use (i.e. archival copy) isn't a wrong at
> all. Just because something's illegal, that doesn't necessarily make
> it wrong (and vice a versa).

Especially if you live in a country where it isn't illegal.

> By the way, Microsoft was one of the last companies on the
> copy-protection bandwagon, other than a brief flirtation with it in
> the 80's.

Pirates helped Microsoft gain a strangle hold on the desktop PC,
entrenching Windows. At first, distribution was crucial. Now, in order to
maintain network effects, Microsoft is beginning to offer its Windows and
Office software combination for $40 in Malaysia and to drop the price in
other countries. The fact folks in China get it for free is not a bad thing
while we in "civilized" nations are paying the PC user dues which make
Microsoft billions per year in profits and add to Microsoft's current
$50,000,000,000 USD surplus of cash. Microsoft must maintain network
effects, if necessary by further dropping its prices for Windows/Office in
countries which are threatening to use Linux.

> It's been standard practice in the games market, by ALL
> companies, for over a decade.

Could be. But when I have a choice, a software publisher can do as it
pleases.

> Not sure if you're singling out Microsoft or not,

Most software makers have to compete for a living. Microsoft has 80% profit
margins on its monopoly software. Microsoft has a $50,000,000,000
(that's 50 billion) USD surplus of cash. Microsoft doesn't have an excuse
for making crapware or restricting the use of its game software in
civilised countries.

When it comes to Windows/Office, we in the United States must accept the
restrictions and pay.

From the federal district court of the United States.

"Microsoft possesses monopoly power in the market for Intel-compatible
PC operating systems."

From the federal appeals court of the United States.

"... we uphold the District Court's finding of monopoly power in its
entirety."

but if you are, they don't deserve it. All of the
> software publishers are equally guilty of putting their own interests
> ahead of their *legitimate* users.
>
>> The perversion of the DMCA is one aspect as to removing users rights.
>
> Exactly. One of the most ridiculous provisions of the DMCA is to
> prohibit ANY circumvention of copy protection, regardless of intent.
> I've yet to read about a serious attempt to contest this in the
> courts, but IMHO if such a case does come up and the DMCA isn't found
> to be unconstitutional at least in that area, we can pretty much give
> up on our country ever being again what the founders intended.
>
> Pete

Google