PDA

View Full Version : US 1944-49800 B-24L to RAF KL629 Consolidated LiberatorBMkVI to IAF HE834.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
February 28th 15, 01:27 PM

RiŠardo[_2_]
February 28th 15, 02:55 PM
On 28/02/2015 13:48, Syke wrote:
> Aren't those French roundels?
>

> Syke

These links may help:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?5841-RAF-links-to-IAF-Liberator-serial-Numbers

http://guides.wikinut.com/History-of-IAF%3AHow-the-B-24-Heavy-Bomber-became-part-of-the-Indian-Air-Force/1860sd68/

As the heading of this article states "to IAF HE834", IAF being the
Indian Air Force.

Agreed, the colouring of the roundels are incorrect for both RAF and
IAF, but as the picture is a drawing it looks as though the artist got
carried away by substituting red for orange and blue for green.

RiŠardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures

Syke[_2_]
February 28th 15, 05:15 PM
On 28/02/2015 14:55, RiŠardo wrote:
> On 28/02/2015 13:48, Syke wrote:
>> Aren't those French roundels?
>>

>> Syke
>
> These links may help:
>
> http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?5841-RAF-links-to-IAF-Liberator-serial-Numbers
>

> http://guides.wikinut.com/History-of-IAF%3AHow-the-B-24-Heavy-Bomber-became-part-of-the-Indian-Air-Force/1860sd68/
>

> As the heading of this article states "to IAF HE834", IAF being the
> Indian Air Force.
>
> Agreed, the colouring of the roundels are incorrect for both RAF and
> IAF, but as the picture is a drawing it looks as though the artist got
> carried away by substituting red for orange and blue for green.
>
> RiŠardo

Thanks for that very interesting link. I had always just assumed these
aircraft were sold to India by UK, but apparently not so.

Regards

Syke

RiŠardo[_2_]
February 28th 15, 07:38 PM
On 28/02/2015 17:15, Syke wrote:
> On 28/02/2015 14:55, RiŠardo wrote:
>> On 28/02/2015 13:48, Syke wrote:
>>> Aren't those French roundels?
>>>

>>> Syke
>>
>> These links may help:
>>
>> http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?5841-RAF-links-to-IAF-Liberator-serial-Numbers
>>

>> http://guides.wikinut.com/History-of-IAF%3AHow-the-B-24-Heavy-Bomber-became-part-of-the-Indian-Air-Force/1860sd68/
>>

>> As the heading of this article states "to IAF HE834", IAF being the
>> Indian Air Force.
>>
>> Agreed, the colouring of the roundels are incorrect for both RAF and
>> IAF, but as the picture is a drawing it looks as though the artist got
>> carried away by substituting red for orange and blue for green.
>>
>> RiŠardo
>>
> Thanks for that very interesting link. I had always just assumed these
> aircraft were sold to India by UK, but apparently not so.
>
> Regards
>
> Syke

Glad to be able to help.

RiŠardo

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures

RiŠardo[_2_]
February 28th 15, 08:16 PM
On 28/02/2015 19:59, Charles Lindbergh wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:55:55 +0000, RiŠardo > wrote:
>
>> On 28/02/2015 13:48, Syke wrote:
>>> Aren't those French roundels?
>>>

>>> Syke
>>
>> These links may help:
>>
>> http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?5841-RAF-links-to-IAF-Liberator-serial-Numbers
>>
>> http://guides.wikinut.com/History-of-IAF%3AHow-the-B-24-Heavy-Bomber-became-part-of-the-Indian-Air-Force/1860sd68/
>>
>> As the heading of this article states "to IAF HE834", IAF being the
>> Indian Air Force.
>>
>> Agreed, the colouring of the roundels are incorrect for both RAF and
>> IAF, but as the picture is a drawing it looks as though the artist got
>> carried away by substituting red for orange and blue for green.
>>

> Interesting article and some great pictures. Hard to imagine equipping your air
> force heavy bomber squadrons with airplanes off the scrap heap, but all the more
> power to them!

Yes indeed. A very go ahead nation.

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures