PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 tail draggers - no rudder pedals - what do I do??

Hogarth Kramer
August 15th 03, 02:25 PM
Ok, I think the new planes in FS2004 are awesome, but as a person with
a CH yoke and no rudder pedals, how do I get them off the ground?? I
have auto-rudder enabled in my realism settings, I've tried
differential braking, all to no avail. I just can't seem to get these
things to turn while on the ground, and many of the "canned" flights
require ground steering to get to the runway. Am I missing something
other than the $100 of discretionary (aka money the wife doesn't know
about) income it would take to buy some rudder pedals?

Hogarth Kramer
August 18th 03, 05:43 PM
It must have been auto-rudder that was killing me since I already
tried using yoke buttons for the rudder to no effect. I'll give it a
try once I can get the durn thing re-installed (really blew it up
fooling around with configs).

"Quilljar" > wrote in message >...
> Uncheck auto rudder. That is doing you NO favours at all!
> Then go to the Joystick assignments menu and assign a couple of your buttons
> to left and right rudder then Bob's yer uncle. If you already have all your
> yoke buttons asigned, then let a couple, say, flaps or trim revert to the
> keyboard.
> There is always a work around for these problems.

Google