PDA

View Full Version : Another CNVV query

Don Davidson
March 3rd 15, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all the helpful responses to my earlier questions. Since no good deed goes unpunished, I have a couple of additional questions for pilots who have obtained their "Licence Equivalence" to fly in France.

The instructions I received from CNVV say that in addition to a copy of my pilot's license the French authorities require some sort of authentication of my license signed by the FAA. I am not aware that the FAA issues special letters such as that, so I wanted to know what the French authorities have accepted from other American pilots to satisfy this requirement.

The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than one year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third Class Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to find out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have to get a Second Class medical.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,

Don Davidson

Roy Pentecost[_2_]
March 3rd 15, 09:18 PM
When they say Class 2 medical, they mean EASA (European Aviation Safety
Agency) Class 2.
Here is a link to the UK requirements:
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=528

The medical takes around 40 minutes to complete and costs (for me in the
UK) around £85, say $120, or every second year when you also need an ECG
around £150.

The EASA Class 2 standard is common across all of Europe so any Class 2
gained in Europe will suffice.
There may also be rated Aviation Medical Examiners in the USA?

Good luck,
Roy

At 20:19 03 March 2015, Don Davidson wrote:
>Thanks for all the helpful responses to my earlier questions. Since no
>good=
> deed goes unpunished, I have a couple of additional questions for pilots
>w=
>ho have obtained their "Licence Equivalence" to fly in France.
>
>The instructions I received from CNVV say that in addition to a copy of
my
>=
>pilot's license the French authorities require some sort of
authentication
>=
>of my license signed by the FAA. I am not aware that the FAA issues
>special=
> letters such as that, so I wanted to know what the French authorities
>have=
> accepted from other American pilots to satisfy this requirement.
>
>The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than
>o=
>ne year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third
>C=
>lass Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to
>fi=
>nd out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have
>t=
>o get a Second Class medical.=20
>
>Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Don Davidson
>

March 4th 15, 12:09 AM
> The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than one year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third Class Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to find out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have to get a Second Class medical.

David,
Its best to contact them directly regarding the license and medical. When I contacted them admitting I have no medical, because US doesn't require it, they responded that they will get a medical swiftly right there on site, for some insignificant amount of money.
Hope that helps best,
GK

March 4th 15, 03:02 AM
> The instructions also state that I need "a medical certificate (less than one year) Class 2," but I do not know what they mean by that. My FAA Third Class Medical Certificate is valid through August 2015, and I'm trying to find out whether that will suffice, or if I need to update it, or if I have to get a Second Class medical.

Don,
Its best to contact them directly regarding the license and medical. When contacted them admitting having no medical, since US doesn't require it, they responded that they will get me a medical exam swiftly on the spot, for some insignificant amount of money.
Hope that helps,
GK

Bob Pasker
March 4th 15, 12:53 PM
they don't count looking up your certificate in the airman's database as being authoritative?

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 3:19:43 PM UTC-5, Don Davidson wrote:
> Thanks for all the helpful responses to my earlier questions. Since no good deed goes unpunished, I have a couple of additional questions for pilots who have obtained their "Licence Equivalence" to fly in France.
>
> The instructions I received from CNVV say that in addition to a copy of my pilot's license the French authorities require some sort of authentication of my license signed by the FAA. I am not aware that the FAA issues special letters such as that, so I wanted to know what the French authorities have accepted from other American pilots to satisfy this requirement.
>
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Don Davidson

March 4th 15, 02:19 PM
No.
You must have the physical paperwork in hand.

Jonathan St. Cloud
March 7th 15, 02:54 PM
By international treaty for a foreign governmental agency to accept another goverment's documents you must have an apostle (spelling ?) attached.

Tom (2NO)
April 10th 15, 04:53 PM
Or... just go to Omarama, NZ and enjoy stress free awesome flying and an friendly accommodating environment on the ground.

Jonathan St. Cloud
April 10th 15, 05:18 PM
Oh, but France is France, very special place in this world! I know other places are special too, but France!!!! Not sure if you could tell but I do love France! Trying to put together a plan to move there within 5 years!

April 15th 15, 04:05 AM
On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 12:18:18 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
> Oh, but France is France, very special place in this world! I know other places are special too, but France!!!! Not sure if you could tell but I do love France! Trying to put together a plan to move there within 5 years!

Me too! Willing to share info.

Google