PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Views in Downloaded aircraft

Timmy Ferrell
August 16th 03, 09:22 PM
Hi All,
I'm slowly learning the basics of downloading aircraft but I have
several questions. One of which is occasionaly I will get an aircraft and
install it with no problem; it shows up in the list of available aircraft
and loads properly. The cockpit view shows the panel and guages correctly
but when I cycle through the views nothing else appears except the outside
terrain- no cabin in the rear view or wings in the side views. The virtual
cockpit does not exist, either.
Am I not configuring something correctly, or is this more likely the way
the aircraft were designed? Is the a way I can tell if the aircraft will
have all views 'before' I download it, and if so how?
I realise the views probably will not affect the flyability of the
aircraft but it does detract from the immersion factor and the overall
completeness of the aircraft.
Thanks,
Timmy

Angus Lepper
August 19th 03, 09:33 PM
You can add your own side views by changing things in the panel.cfg (no time
to go over it prop'ly), but unless you can get a .gmax (or whatever) version
of the model, add it, then recomplie it: you're not getting a VC. MelJet's
777 V2 is excellent, tho' best with AC2002, so that you can explore the
cabin! Oh, and AFV\PM2's Concorde deserves a mention as well (it even
includes a virtual bathroom, flush, toilet sink taps, et all!
"Gnasher" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:22:51 GMT, "Timmy Ferrell"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> > I'm slowly learning the basics of downloading aircraft but I have
> >several questions. One of which is occasionaly I will get an aircraft and
> >install it with no problem; it shows up in the list of available aircraft
> >and loads properly. The cockpit view shows the panel and guages correctly
> >but when I cycle through the views nothing else appears except the
outside
> >terrain- no cabin in the rear view or wings in the side views. The
virtual
> >cockpit does not exist, either.
> > Am I not configuring something correctly, or is this more likely the
way
> >the aircraft were designed? Is the a way I can tell if the aircraft will
> >have all views 'before' I download it, and if so how?
> > I realise the views probably will not affect the flyability of the
> >aircraft but it does detract from the immersion factor and the overall
> >completeness of the aircraft.
> >Thanks,
> >Timmy
> >

> That's because they didn't include a virtual cockpit in the downloaded
> files. Only some top notch 3rd party providers are skilled enough to
> do good virtual cockpits.

Google