PDA

View Full Version : Re: "Not Responding" Problem Solved!!

Amir Facade
August 21st 03, 02:00 AM
Uh Oh! I'm going to have to revise my opinion of Tech Support. LOL
Glad you got it working.
Maybe 3.7 will work.

"Ed Forsythe" > wrote in message
: Hi Troops,
: Four Days and about 51/2 hours with tech support (mostly on hold) I
finally
: solved the "Not Responding" problem. If you recall, when I tried to run
FS9
: I'd get the splash screen, a few seconds of disk activity, then all
activity
: would stop. A three finger salute always revealed a "not responding"
: condition. One of the first techies I spoke to asked me to load the
: Catalyst 3.2 drivers (I was running 3.6). I resisted returning to the
older
: driver version and I tried everything I new + all the techie fixes.
Finally
: I did a Win XP "Upgrade" install from Windows to no avail, although it
fixed
: all the errors under "Network" in DX Diagnostics.
:
: Finally, morning I uninstalled FS9 and the Cat 3.6 drivers. Then I
: installed Cat 3.2 and reinstalled FS9. Bingo! All is well at National
: Airport :-))
: --
: Happy Flying,
: Ed F.
:
:

NoRemorse
August 21st 03, 06:36 AM
Don't revise your opinion. The tech support people have to get it right
sometimes. I wouldn't count on repeating that experience though.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

"Amir Facade" > wrote in message
> Uh Oh! I'm going to have to revise my opinion of Tech Support. LOL
> Glad you got it working.
> Maybe 3.7 will work.
>
> "Ed Forsythe" > wrote in message
> : Hi Troops,
> : Four Days and about 51/2 hours with tech support (mostly on hold) I
> finally
> : solved the "Not Responding" problem. If you recall, when I tried to run
> FS9
> : I'd get the splash screen, a few seconds of disk activity, then all
> activity
> : would stop. A three finger salute always revealed a "not responding"
> : condition. One of the first techies I spoke to asked me to load the
> : Catalyst 3.2 drivers (I was running 3.6). I resisted returning to the
> older
> : driver version and I tried everything I new + all the techie fixes.
> Finally
> : I did a Win XP "Upgrade" install from Windows to no avail, although it
> fixed
> : all the errors under "Network" in DX Diagnostics.
> :
> : Finally, morning I uninstalled FS9 and the Cat 3.6 drivers. Then I
> : installed Cat 3.2 and reinstalled FS9. Bingo! All is well at National
> : Airport :-))
> : --
> : Happy Flying,
> : Ed F.