PDA

View Full Version : FS2004, Worth the Price?

Jaybee727
August 23rd 03, 01:02 AM
I'm more of a geography buff than an aviation ace so I get more enjoyment out
of the scenery realism than the different types of aircraft I may be flying. In
your opinion, are the scenery enhancements in FS2004 worth plunking down
another 50 bucks to stay current with the state of the art? I'm running FS2002
now with the add-on terrain mesh scenery enhancement for North American.

Jerry in LAS

Quilljar
August 23rd 03, 08:23 AM
I see FS2002/4 as much as an atlas as a sim too. and on balance, I think the
upgrade is worth it. There are a great many small improvements in roads and
coastlines and landmarks. There has been a lot of work put in to make the
landscapes more realistic. Using the Lago toolkit, you can very quickly
transfer all your addons and mesh from 2002, so I wd say go ahead and enjoy
a better experience with fs9. One more thing, if you use two or three
screens the modes available are many more, and so screen definition is
infinitely better now.

Jaybee727 wrote:
> I'm more of a geography buff than an aviation ace so I get more
> enjoyment out of the scenery realism than the different types of
> aircraft I may be flying. In your opinion, are the scenery
> enhancements in FS2004 worth plunking down another 50 bucks to stay
> current with the state of the art? I'm running FS2002 now with the
> add-on terrain mesh scenery enhancement for North American.
>
> Jerry in LAS

---

Byron Miller
August 27th 03, 03:12 AM
I think its very much worth it. I've been playing fs2002 for a while.
Fs2004 was a nice upgrade.

Works great on my XP 2400, 512 megs of ram and my Geforce 4 MX 440. (entire
system cost me 500 bucks, so its not the highest end equipment by any means)

Graphics are tweaked out, new aircraft & scenerios are nice and the
interface cleanup is great. FS2002 took longer to startup & build textures
for me.

-byron

"Jaybee727" > wrote in message
> I'm more of a geography buff than an aviation ace so I get more enjoyment
out
> of the scenery realism than the different types of aircraft I may be
flying. In
> your opinion, are the scenery enhancements in FS2004 worth plunking down
> another 50 bucks to stay current with the state of the art? I'm running
FS2002
> now with the add-on terrain mesh scenery enhancement for North American.
>
> Jerry in LAS

Dave Labatt
August 27th 03, 09:34 PM
I think FS2004 is the most advanced piece of entertainment/learning software
on the PC today. Certainly no other program has as much development time
behind it. I have a hard time putting my joystick away these days.

"Jaybee727" > wrote in message
> I'm more of a geography buff than an aviation ace so I get more enjoyment
out
> of the scenery realism than the different types of aircraft I may be
flying. In
> your opinion, are the scenery enhancements in FS2004 worth plunking down
> another 50 bucks to stay current with the state of the art? I'm running
FS2002
> now with the add-on terrain mesh scenery enhancement for North American.
>
> Jerry in LAS

Quilljar
August 27th 03, 10:55 PM
Dave Labatt wrote:
> I think FS2004 is the most advanced piece of entertainment/learning
> software on the PC today. Certainly no other program has as much
> development time behind it.

I have a hard time putting my joystick away these days.

I wonder if you might re phrase that last sentence in these politically
correct times? After all we each have our problems...

---

bernard spilman
August 28th 03, 10:10 PM
> You're right, I do need to get out more!

Maybe you just need to get *it* out a little less.
;-)
WS

Google