PDA

View Full Version : ASA OnTop 8

Kevin
August 23rd 03, 07:03 AM
Hi all,

My ASA OnTop 8 is over-responding to my CH pedal input. The pedal input =
moves the sim plane way more than my input and just a little step on the =
pedals, the plane would immediately yaw and then roll the plane into a =
40 - 50 degree blank angle.=20

Anybody knows how to adjust the input level of the pedals?
=20
Thanks in Advance!

Kevin

p.s. Spent $600 to get the OnTop/IP Trainer bundle and CH Yoke/Pedal; IP =
Trainer still freezes frequently, OnTop 8 took half a dozen e-mails and =
2 weeks of my after work time just to get it connected with my CH Yoke & =
Pedals. The techie at ASA must have given up on me as he no longer =
replies to any of the e-mail anymore.

=20

Byron Miller
August 29th 03, 04:24 AM
What type of PC are you running this on? What OS? Is this USB or Gameport
based gear?

-byron

"Kevin" > wrote in message
Hi all,

My ASA OnTop 8 is over-responding to my CH pedal input. The pedal input
moves the sim plane way more than my input and just a little step on the
pedals, the plane would immediately yaw and then roll the plane into a 40 -
50 degree blank angle.

Anybody knows how to adjust the input level of the pedals?

Thanks in Advance!

Kevin

p.s. Spent $600 to get the OnTop/IP Trainer bundle and CH Yoke/Pedal; IP
Trainer still freezes frequently, OnTop 8 took half a dozen e-mails and 2
weeks of my after work time just to get it connected with my CH Yoke &
Pedals. The techie at ASA must have given up on me as he no longer replies
to any of the e-mail anymore.

Don Parker
August 29th 03, 12:51 PM
Byron,
I downloaded FSUIPC from avsim.com primarily for the excellant calibration
procedures on all axes - it has many other bells & whistles for weather,
etc., but this helped my CH pedals considerably. Didn't totally cure the
problem, but it's liveable. Runs ~$22.
Plus you can tweek things like rudder effectivness for the individual
aircraft cfg file from the default 1 to maybe .9 or .8, which also limits
total rudder swing - but if you have too much now, so what? Easy to put
back if ya don't like it...
Cheers'n beers.
Don

"Byron Miller" > wrote in message
> What type of PC are you running this on? What OS? Is this USB or Gameport
> based gear?
>
> -byron
>
> "Kevin" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> My ASA OnTop 8 is over-responding to my CH pedal input. The pedal input
> moves the sim plane way more than my input and just a little step on the
> pedals, the plane would immediately yaw and then roll the plane into a
40 -
> 50 degree blank angle.
>
> Anybody knows how to adjust the input level of the pedals?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>
> Kevin
>

> p.s. Spent $600 to get the OnTop/IP Trainer bundle and CH Yoke/Pedal; IP
> Trainer still freezes frequently, OnTop 8 took half a dozen e-mails and 2
> weeks of my after work time just to get it connected with my CH Yoke &
> Pedals. The techie at ASA must have given up on me as he no longer replies
> to any of the e-mail anymore.

Google