PDA

View Full Version : FS 2004 'Shimmer' Effect of Ground Scenery

Mr Zee
August 24th 03, 01:28 AM
Any way to prevent this? I'ne tweaked all the settings in various
configurations w/ no luck. Perhaps it's supposed to be this way(!) NVIDA
TI 4600 44.03 Drivers 2.2 AMD. Thanks for any help!

Don Parker
August 24th 03, 01:39 AM
Actually I've always had a bit of shimmering in all my FS's, but lately ATI
has an especially bad case of it if the mip mapping is taken past 4 - not
sure if NVIDA can get by with max levels of mip mapping or not.

"Mr Zee" > wrote in message
> Any way to prevent this? I'ne tweaked all the settings in various
> configurations w/ no luck. Perhaps it's supposed to be this way(!) NVIDA
> TI 4600 44.03 Drivers 2.2 AMD. Thanks for any help!

Mr Zee
August 24th 03, 05:46 AM
That seems to help it a bit. Thanks very much!

"Don Parker" > wrote in message
> Actually I've always had a bit of shimmering in all my FS's, but lately
ATI
> has an especially bad case of it if the mip mapping is taken past 4 - not
> sure if NVIDA can get by with max levels of mip mapping or not.
>
> "Mr Zee" > wrote in message
> > Any way to prevent this? I'ne tweaked all the settings in various
> > configurations w/ no luck. Perhaps it's supposed to be this way(!)
NVIDA
> > TI 4600 44.03 Drivers 2.2 AMD. Thanks for any help!

John Hall
August 24th 03, 04:40 PM
If your video card can handle it, try bumping up the antiailiasing to 4x.

JK

"Mr Zee" > wrote in message
> That seems to help it a bit. Thanks very much!
>

> "Don Parker" > wrote in message
> > Actually I've always had a bit of shimmering in all my FS's, but lately
> ATI
> > has an especially bad case of it if the mip mapping is taken past 4 -
not
> > sure if NVIDA can get by with max levels of mip mapping or not.
> >
> > "Mr Zee" > wrote in message
> > > Any way to prevent this? I'ne tweaked all the settings in various
> > > configurations w/ no luck. Perhaps it's supposed to be this way(!)
> NVIDA
> > > TI 4600 44.03 Drivers 2.2 AMD. Thanks for any help!

Google