PDA

View Full Version : Is FS2004 any better

AgentXXX
August 24th 03, 06:54 PM
Hi all,
Now that FS2004 has been out a while now can any users out there tell me if
it's significantly better than 2002.
I have read about what other features it has now but is it graphically any
better.
I appreciate the spec of your pc will have a big part as to the sim's
performance.

Thanks.

Petar Lazarevski
August 25th 03, 01:44 PM
> Hi all,
> Now that FS2004 has been out a while now can any users out there tell me
if
> it's significantly better than 2002.
> I have read about what other features it has now but is it graphically any
> better.
> I appreciate the spec of your pc will have a big part as to the sim's
> performance.

It is graphically better, especially when we talk about the skies and cloud
effects. However, I think that the flight model is still that old crappy one
from FS2002.

I have T-BredB running at 2.4GHz. 1GB RAM and GForce2Ti (300/500) and still
can't get higher than 5FPS while flying through clouds, display otions set
very high...:(

John Hall
August 25th 03, 11:00 PM
Your video card is the bottleneck here. I have a T-BredB running at 1.7
ghz, 750 megs of ram and an ATI 9800 non pro, and I get 20 fps most of the
time with the sliders pretty much at maximum, and that is with 4 x AA and 8
x Anistropic filtering. I got similar results in the same machine with a
Geforce 3 classic, but with 2 x AA and no Anistropic filtering.

JK

"Petar Lazarevski" > wrote in message

> > Hi all,
> > Now that FS2004 has been out a while now can any users out there tell me
> if
> > it's significantly better than 2002.
> > I have read about what other features it has now but is it graphically
any
> > better.
> > I appreciate the spec of your pc will have a big part as to the sim's
> > performance.
>

> It is graphically better, especially when we talk about the skies and
cloud
> effects. However, I think that the flight model is still that old crappy
one
> from FS2002.
>
> I have T-BredB running at 2.4GHz. 1GB RAM and GForce2Ti (300/500) and
still
> can't get higher than 5FPS while flying through clouds, display otions set
> very high...:(

AgentXXX
August 26th 03, 07:43 PM
Thanks all for the replies.
I'm running an AMD Athlon xp 2600,
1gig ddr pc3200 ram,
GF 4 Ti 4800 128mb card on AGP x8.
All the settings on the highest
Full anti ailiasing & anisotropic filtering & it runs fairly smooth.
Resolution is set to the highest my monitor will handle 1280x1024 as it`s a
Sony 18"tft.
This is for FS2002 pro by the way as i have not yet got 2004.

Phil.
"AgentXXX >" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Now that FS2004 has been out a while now can any users out there tell me
if
> it's significantly better than 2002.
> I have read about what other features it has now but is it graphically any
> better.
> I appreciate the spec of your pc will have a big part as to the sim's
> performance.
>
> Thanks.

John Hall
August 28th 03, 02:11 AM
Without aa and anistropic filtering my 3DMark2001 score is around 12500.
With aa and anistropic filtering, it drop to around 8600. I'm giving you
the numbers from memory, but they're pretty close.

JK

"Petar Lazarevski" > wrote in message

> "John Hall" > wrote in message
> ble.rogers.com...
> > Your video card is the bottleneck here. I have a T-BredB running at 1.7
> > ghz, 750 megs of ram and an ATI 9800 non pro, and I get 20 fps most of
the
> > time with the sliders pretty much at maximum, and that is with 4 x AA
and
> 8
> > x Anistropic filtering. I got similar results in the same machine with
> > Geforce 3 classic, but with 2 x AA and no Anistropic filtering.
>

> It could be...what is your 3DMark2001 score?

Petar Lazarevski
August 28th 03, 11:03 PM
"John Hall" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> Without aa and anistropic filtering my 3DMark2001 score is around 12500.
> With aa and anistropic filtering, it drop to around 8600. I'm giving you
> the numbers from memory, but they're pretty close.

Thx...I'm doin' 7100...this video card is definitely a weak link...:(

Google