PDA

View Full Version : Re: "Final Flight"

Ed Forsythe
August 29th 03, 05:31 PM
I'm so sorry Doc. Remember, your father will always be with you. Talk to
people who care - it will ease the pain -
--
Happy Flying,
Ed F.

"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" > wrote in message

> "Final Flight" ....my Dad....on 8-22-03 [b. 1915]. I know in the last
> few weeks that there were times I got into protracted wee hour satiric
> pieces and mercifully there were no public complaints from those
> selected...it was one of the ways, however, that I used to cope, if only
> for a brief albeit forced respite from stark reality with a situation
> where I was wholly powerless to do anything of a reversing nature
> ....the loss of my father.
>
> It's an internal and indeed very painful anguish that some have already
> experienced with the loss of a close loved one(s) regardless of their
> longevity but which never gets easier, if I can even use that word, to
> bear under the guise of hearing at least for the very senior aged parent
> or loved one that '... at least he/she lived a full and active life.'
> It's tough, very tough, and one copes as they can even outside of one's
> own family who share the supportive grief. I suppose mentioning this in
> aviation newsgroups I've periodically frequented over the years could
> be questioned as to its propriety but then, from a personal perspective,
> it also helps me to cope with the loss.
>
> I urge the real-deal flying, ATC, flight sim community, and the av
> related fraternity who obviously have heir own loved ones to 'daily'
> make expressions of their feelings known to your own loved ones,
> regardless of age, while they maintain the capacity and lucidity to hear
> your voice, message and expression of such devotion to them. And vice
> versa.
>
> Doc Tony
>

> "Final Flight"
> A.R.L. [1915-2003]
>

> cc: rec.av.piloting

Angus Lepper
August 30th 03, 06:23 PM
Deepest sympathy. Talk to others, it will help.
"Ed Forsythe" > wrote in message
> I'm so sorry Doc. Remember, your father will always be with you. Talk to
> people who care - it will ease the pain -
> --
> Happy Flying,
> Ed F.
>
> "Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Final Flight" ....my Dad....on 8-22-03 [b. 1915]. I know in the last
> > few weeks that there were times I got into protracted wee hour satiric
> > pieces and mercifully there were no public complaints from those
> > selected...it was one of the ways, however, that I used to cope, if only
> > for a brief albeit forced respite from stark reality with a situation
> > where I was wholly powerless to do anything of a reversing nature
> > ....the loss of my father.
> >
> > It's an internal and indeed very painful anguish that some have already
> > experienced with the loss of a close loved one(s) regardless of their
> > longevity but which never gets easier, if I can even use that word, to
> > bear under the guise of hearing at least for the very senior aged parent
> > or loved one that '... at least he/she lived a full and active life.'
> > It's tough, very tough, and one copes as they can even outside of one's
> > own family who share the supportive grief. I suppose mentioning this in
> > aviation newsgroups I've periodically frequented over the years could
> > be questioned as to its propriety but then, from a personal perspective,
> > it also helps me to cope with the loss.
> >
> > I urge the real-deal flying, ATC, flight sim community, and the av
> > related fraternity who obviously have heir own loved ones to 'daily'
> > make expressions of their feelings known to your own loved ones,
> > regardless of age, while they maintain the capacity and lucidity to hear
> > your voice, message and expression of such devotion to them. And vice
> > versa.
> >
> > Doc Tony
> >

> > "Final Flight"
> > A.R.L. [1915-2003]
> >

> > cc: rec.av.piloting

Paul Riley
August 30th 03, 09:22 PM
"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" > wrote in message

> "Final Flight" ....my Dad....on 8-22-03 [b. 1915]. I know in the last
> few weeks that there were times I got into protracted wee hour satiric
> pieces and mercifully there were no public complaints from those
> selected...it was one of the ways, however, that I used to cope, if only
> for a brief albeit forced respite from stark reality with a situation
> where I was wholly powerless to do anything of a reversing nature
> ....the loss of my father.
>
> It's an internal and indeed very painful anguish that some have already
> experienced with the loss of a close loved one(s) regardless of their
> longevity but which never gets easier, if I can even use that word, to
> bear under the guise of hearing at least for the very senior aged parent
> or loved one that '... at least he/she lived a full and active life.'
> It's tough, very tough, and one copes as they can even outside of one's
> own family who share the supportive grief. I suppose mentioning this in
> aviation newsgroups I've periodically frequented over the years could
> be questioned as to its propriety but then, from a personal perspective,
> it also helps me to cope with the loss.
>
> I urge the real-deal flying, ATC, flight sim community, and the av
> related fraternity who obviously have heir own loved ones to 'daily'
> make expressions of their feelings known to your own loved ones,
> regardless of age, while they maintain the capacity and lucidity to hear
> your voice, message and expression of such devotion to them. And vice
> versa.
>
> Doc Tony
>

> "Final Flight"
> A.R.L. [1915-2003]
>

> cc: rec.av.piloting

Sincere condolences--my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this
time.

Paul

Google