PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 Pauses When Real World Weather Won't Download

Andrew Watson
September 1st 03, 11:22 PM
When FS2004 is set to download real world weather at 15-minute intervals, if
the program cannot connect to the Jeppesen weather server to download data
an error window pops up and FS2004 pauses till OK is clicked to close the
window.

Why a pause has been programmed for this error I don't know. The sim should
just keep going as the error is not critical to gameplay.

Other that flying with stock or user-defined weather situations, is there a
way to avoid FS2004 pausing when this window is open?

---

Carl Frisk
September 8th 03, 09:08 AM
You don't have a firewall blocking net access during game play do you?

--
.... Carl Frisk

"Andrew Watson" > wrote in message
u...
> When FS2004 is set to download real world weather at 15-minute intervals,
if
> the program cannot connect to the Jeppesen weather server to download data
> an error window pops up and FS2004 pauses till OK is clicked to close the
> window.
>
> Why a pause has been programmed for this error I don't know. The sim
should
> just keep going as the error is not critical to gameplay.
>
> Other that flying with stock or user-defined weather situations, is there
> way to avoid FS2004 pausing when this window is open?
>

> ---

Google