PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme air racen. Is this fun ??

JW
September 7th 03, 11:03 AM
Hi all,

I know it isn't FS 2004 but is this a fun game ??
And is it ever released in Holland ??

THX for your reply's

JW

Cap'n Dondo
September 8th 03, 04:14 PM
I disagree. I think XAR is a blast. As far as arcady flight models, they
are convincing enough for me. They seem to be fairly close to the
corresponding models in various WW2 and GA sims. They might not be perfect,
but when you're flying at 500 mph 30 feet off the ground directly behind a
P-38, who has time to think about all the intricacies of flight
characteristic? ;-) You have to do everything you can to just not smack
into the back of the plane or hit the ground. The graphics are good, but
not on the same level as FS. Ever played X-Plane? They are at least that
good, better in a lot a places. The one niggle thing that makes me a little
disappointed in XAR is the multiplayer. It is broken. Anymore then 3
players and it crashes. Another cool think about XAR are the voice overs.
R.A."Bob" Hoover give you tips and suggestions as you fly along, which is
just cool. Gordon Jones is the announcer, but that can get annoying at
times so I keep the voice volume turned down or even off.

Personally, I think you should pick it up. It is a sim in a class by
itself. I should mention, however, that support for XAR is nonexistent. The
developers have just kind of left. There are 7 or 8 helpful folks on the
forum that can get give you help though. Check it out and don't base your
purchase on the demo. There is alot more in the retail version.

www.xtremeairracing.com

"JW" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I know it isn't FS 2004 but is this a fun game ??
> And is it ever released in Holland ??
>
> THX for your reply's
>
> JW

JW
September 8th 03, 10:22 PM
Hi

Thx for replying !!

I can't find the demo anywhere :(
A lot of dead links.
Is there a second version on the way or already out ??? Or is it just this
version ??

Any ideas ??

Cap'n Dondo > schreef in
berichtnieuws ...
> I disagree. I think XAR is a blast. As far as arcady flight models, they
> are convincing enough for me. They seem to be fairly close to the
> corresponding models in various WW2 and GA sims. They might not be
perfect,
> but when you're flying at 500 mph 30 feet off the ground directly behind a
> P-38, who has time to think about all the intricacies of flight
> characteristic? ;-) You have to do everything you can to just not smack
> into the back of the plane or hit the ground. The graphics are good, but
> not on the same level as FS. Ever played X-Plane? They are at least that
> good, better in a lot a places. The one niggle thing that makes me a
little
> disappointed in XAR is the multiplayer. It is broken. Anymore then 3
> players and it crashes. Another cool think about XAR are the voice overs.
> R.A."Bob" Hoover give you tips and suggestions as you fly along, which is
> just cool. Gordon Jones is the announcer, but that can get annoying at
> times so I keep the voice volume turned down or even off.
>
> Personally, I think you should pick it up. It is a sim in a class by
> itself. I should mention, however, that support for XAR is nonexistent.
The
> developers have just kind of left. There are 7 or 8 helpful folks on the
> forum that can get give you help though. Check it out and don't base your
> purchase on the demo. There is alot more in the retail version.
>
> www.xtremeairracing.com
>

> "JW" > wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I know it isn't FS 2004 but is this a fun game ??
> > And is it ever released in Holland ??
> >
> > THX for your reply's
> >
> > JW

Cap'n Dondo
September 8th 03, 10:42 PM
In the last week or so, there was an announcement about XAR 2 being
developed. I think it has only gone as far as finding a publisher, so it
will most likely be sometime before XAR 2 comes out. I think there is a few
posts about it on the XAR forum. Despite not having any support, XAR
patched up really is a great sim. It is a boat load of fun. If you do end
up getting it, post in the forum and I can help you get it up to speed.
Maybe even a little one on one racing..<g>

"JW" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Thx for replying !!
>
> I can't find the demo anywhere :(
> A lot of dead links.
> Is there a second version on the way or already out ??? Or is it just this
> version ??
>
> Any ideas ??
>
> Cap'n Dondo > schreef in
> berichtnieuws ...
> > I disagree. I think XAR is a blast. As far as arcady flight models,
they
> > are convincing enough for me. They seem to be fairly close to the
> > corresponding models in various WW2 and GA sims. They might not be
> perfect,
> > but when you're flying at 500 mph 30 feet off the ground directly behind
> > P-38, who has time to think about all the intricacies of flight
> > characteristic? ;-) You have to do everything you can to just not smack
> > into the back of the plane or hit the ground. The graphics are good,
but
> > not on the same level as FS. Ever played X-Plane? They are at least
that
> > good, better in a lot a places. The one niggle thing that makes me a
> little
> > disappointed in XAR is the multiplayer. It is broken. Anymore then 3
> > players and it crashes. Another cool think about XAR are the voice
overs.
> > R.A."Bob" Hoover give you tips and suggestions as you fly along, which
is
> > just cool. Gordon Jones is the announcer, but that can get annoying at
> > times so I keep the voice volume turned down or even off.
> >
> > Personally, I think you should pick it up. It is a sim in a class by
> > itself. I should mention, however, that support for XAR is nonexistent.
> The
> > developers have just kind of left. There are 7 or 8 helpful folks on
the
> > forum that can get give you help though. Check it out and don't base
your
> > purchase on the demo. There is alot more in the retail version.
> >
> > www.xtremeairracing.com
> >

> > "JW" > wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I know it isn't FS 2004 but is this a fun game ??
> > > And is it ever released in Holland ??
> > >
> > > THX for your reply's
> > >
> > > JW

JW
September 8th 03, 10:57 PM
Hi Cap'nDondo

That would be great !!
But first I'll have to find the game in the netherlands.
When I get it I'll give a yell here :)

JW

Cap'n Dondo > schreef in
berichtnieuws ...