PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in building a Condor Photorealistic Scenery?

March 24th 15, 10:38 PM
I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.

I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.

Now I need people to test out my tutorial.

If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)

If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.

-Tom

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
March 24th 15, 10:43 PM
> I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
> I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
>
> Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
> If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
>
> If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
> -Tom

Hmmmmm..... it would be sorta cool for our area (Middletown NY). My son was messing with this the other year (until he figured out it was WORK!).
Pop me an email, let me & my son see.

HHSC, curious who you are? I've been flying there (here & there) since the mid (?) '70's.
Say "Hi" to the "old timers" from Charlie of Middletown/Valley Soaring.....

March 24th 15, 10:52 PM
> I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
> I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
>
> Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
> If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
>
> If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
> -Tom

Hey, so enquiring minds want to know, is your scenery available someplace?

Matt (of enquiring mind and former Southern Tier pilot)

PS There is a Blairstown scenery which at least butts up against Middletown....

Peter Smith[_3_]
March 24th 15, 11:33 PM
> I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
> I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
>
> Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
> If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
>
> If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
> -Tom

Hey

March 25th 15, 12:23 AM
> I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
> I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
>
> Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
> If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
>
> If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
> -Tom

And to answer your original question, I might be interested in giving the
tutorial a shot. There's a certain gap in Condor sceneries I've vaguely
considered filling, and maybe this is the push I need to try it.

Matt

March 25th 15, 12:27 AM
> On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 6:38:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
> >
> > I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
> >
> > Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
> >
> > If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
> >
> > If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
> >
> > -Tom
>
> Hey, so enquiring minds want to know, is your scenery available someplace?
>
> Matt (of enquiring mind and former Southern Tier pilot)
>
> PS There is a Blairstown scenery which at least butts up against Middletown...

The beta version is being tested right now. It works great but needs some tweaks. Expect an HD and normal res version soon. I also need to model some items for the Harris Hill airfield.

March 25th 15, 12:40 AM
> I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
> I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
>
> Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
> If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
>
> If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
> -Tom

Can I get the 3-page version? :o)

J/K - sending my email addy now via PM

Paul Remde
March 25th 15, 12:42 AM
Hi Tom,

I don't have time to play with it myself, but I'd be glad to publish
anything you want me to on my Condor web site.

I bet some people would pay $100+ for a scenery for their area...

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
__________________________________

wrote in message

[...]

March 25th 15, 02:33 AM
On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 6:43:34 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 6:38:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
> >
> > I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
> >
> > Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
> >
> > If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
> >
> > If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
> >
> > -Tom
>
> Hmmmmm..... it would be sorta cool for our area (Middletown NY). My son was messing with this the other year (until he figured out it was WORK!).
> Pop me an email, let me & my son see.
>
> HHSC, curious who you are? I've been flying there (here & there) since the mid (?) '70's.
> Say "Hi" to the "old timers" from Charlie of Middletown/Valley Soaring......

There is a scenery for the Middletown area. Stan Los from ACA built a scenery for the GCup area North and South called Blairstown HD. It can be downloaded on Condor-club.eu or gliderracing.com

Best,
Daniel

March 25th 15, 04:59 AM

> HHSC, curious who you are? I've been flying there (here & there) since the mid (?) '70's.
> Say "Hi" to the "old timers" from Charlie of Middletown/Valley Soaring.....

Tom Berry from HHSC. I've been flying there about 8 years. See Daniel's note below, there's a really nice Middletown scenery out there!

Clement Allen
March 25th 15, 11:31 AM
At 22:38 24 March 2015, wrote:
>I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic
>sce=
>nery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I
>th=
>ought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
>I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on
>met=
>hods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several
>to=
>ols including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you
>ma=
>y need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as
>painl=
>ess as I can imagine it to be. =20
>
>Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
>If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet
>connectio=
>n, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share
>t=
>he tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a
>s=
>cenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program) =20
>
>If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
>-Tom

Hey, I'm interested in testing out your tutorial.

My email address is

Clement Allen
March 25th 15, 11:43 AM

At 22:38 24 March 2015, wrote:
>I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic
>sce=
>nery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I
>th=
>ought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
>I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on
>met=
>hods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several
>to=
>ols including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you
>ma=
>y need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as
>painl=
>ess as I can imagine it to be. =20
>
>Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
>If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet
>connectio=
>n, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share
>t=
>he tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a
>s=
>cenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program) =20
>
>If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
>-Tom

I'm interested in testing out your tutorial.

My email address is

JD Williams
April 16th 15, 03:36 AM
I'd like to give it a shot. Tried on my own a while back but didn't have the time to chase down all the rabbit holes. If you think you have it sussed, I'd love to check it out!
JD

Dan Stroschine
April 16th 15, 08:30 PM
> I've spent the past year learning how to build a Condor photo-realistic scenery of the Harris Hill soaring area and it was so stinking hard that I thought it would be a shame for me not to share the techniques with others.
>
> I've written an exhaustive 100 page illustrated draft tutorial based on methods I've developed that are *mostly* GUI based. I've developed several tools including a spreadsheet that builds any dreaded terminal entries you may need so you can cut and paste them. At this point, I've made it as painless as I can imagine it to be.
>
> Now I need people to test out my tutorial.
>
> If you have a) time; b) patience; c) ambition; d) a fast internet connection, a speedy computer and plenty of hard disk space, I'd be happy to share the tutorial to help you build your own scenery. (no, I won't build you a scenery unless you have plenty of cash for our Junior program)
>
> If you are interested, reply here with a way to contact you.
>
> -Tom

I'd be interested in trying to make scenery for Tucon,Az. My email is dstrosch at gmail dot com

Dan

Google