PDA

View Full Version : online and VA tailnumbers

catskinroyale
September 9th 03, 08:30 PM
hi,

anyone know of a central repository for tail numbers for online/VA flying?

to add an extra level of realism I'd like to virtually register each
aircraft i fly. if there's a requirement i'll start a project up. anyone
have any ideas?

james

Jeroen Wenting
September 10th 03, 08:41 PM
Most VAs use either their flight number or their pilot IDs as callsign.
TCA recommends the latter, to prevent two pilots flying the same route from
trying to claim the same callsign.

"catskinroyale" <catskinroyale-at-nospam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> anyone know of a central repository for tail numbers for online/VA flying?
>
> to add an extra level of realism I'd like to virtually register each
> aircraft i fly. if there's a requirement i'll start a project up. anyone
> have any ideas?
>
> james

catskinroyale
September 11th 03, 10:32 AM
Jeroen Wenting wrote:

> Most VAs use either their flight number or their pilot IDs as callsign.
> TCA recommends the latter, to prevent two pilots flying the same route from
> trying to claim the same callsign.

i was thinking more of a/c registration than flight numbers

> "catskinroyale" <catskinroyale-at-nospam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>hi,
>>
>>anyone know of a central repository for tail numbers for online/VA flying?
>>
>>to add an extra level of realism I'd like to virtually register each
>>aircraft i fly. if there's a requirement i'll start a project up. anyone
>>have any ideas?
>>
>>james

Angus Lepper
September 11th 03, 10:21 PM
As in (for example) G-BMGT (this may not exist, random, apart from the G)?

--
Angus Lepper,
CEO and Head of Software,

"catskinroyale" <catskinroyale-at-nospam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Jeroen Wenting wrote:
>
> > Most VAs use either their flight number or their pilot IDs as callsign.
> > TCA recommends the latter, to prevent two pilots flying the same route
from
> > trying to claim the same callsign.
> >

> i was thinking more of a/c registration than flight numbers
>
> > "catskinroyale" <catskinroyale-at-nospam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> >>hi,
> >>
> >>anyone know of a central repository for tail numbers for online/VA
flying?

> >>to add an extra level of realism I'd like to virtually register each
> >>aircraft i fly. if there's a requirement i'll start a project up. anyone
> >>have any ideas?
> >>
> >>james

catskinroyale
September 11th 03, 11:47 PM
Angus Lepper wrote:

> As in (for example) G-BMGT (this may not exist, random, apart from the G)?

er yeah. e.g. i want to register my mooney bravo and yak52 with unique G
reg for the UK or N for the US or whatever. just like in the real world.
or something like that anyway, but basically a database where u can
register urself or an alias and the a/c u 'own' and pick a real unused
number (i have sucessfully managed to hook into the CAA G-INFO database
and run arbitrary searches, so for instance my yak52 carries the
unregistered G-IMBO).

would be easy to do and maybe fun to run.
maybe...

> --
> Angus Lepper,
> CEO and Head of Software,
> British Midlands International VA

Jeroen Wenting
September 14th 03, 08:02 PM
Same there. If 2 members fly the same aircraft...

> i was thinking more of a/c registration than flight numbers
>
> > "catskinroyale" <catskinroyale-at-nospam.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> >>hi,
> >>
> >>anyone know of a central repository for tail numbers for online/VA
flying?

> >>to add an extra level of realism I'd like to virtually register each
> >>aircraft i fly. if there's a requirement i'll start a project up. anyone
> >>have any ideas?
> >>
> >>james

Google