PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - fs2004 zaps fs2002 props

Ian D
September 10th 03, 03:28 PM
Pie ChartsI transferred some third party prop planes from c:/fs2002 in to c:/fs2004. On first loading them into a fs2004 flight I got the 'Shall I get rid of the bits I don't like?' message, to which I responded 'No'.
Thereafter, fs2004 still seems to have gone ahead and trimmed the props off them. OK, OK, accept.
BUT, going back into fs2002 the props have also now been trimmed from the same prop planes in fs2002.
How does fs2004 edit flight models in C:/fs2002 - there are no common files as far as I'm aware - unless fs2002 is also looking at the fs9.cfg file in Documents and Settings.
Any advice on how to get the props back in fs2002 would be very welcome. Regards.

Angus Lepper
September 11th 03, 10:20 PM
Pie ChartsVeeeery odd indeed...... I think that would probably be classed by tech support as a 'feature' (with extra emphasis). I can't imagine FS2002, having the ability to check for newer versions of FS and update it. Are you sure the models weren't already corrupt?
--
Angus Lepper,
CEO and Head of Software,
"Ian D" > wrote in message ...
I transferred some third party prop planes from c:/fs2002 in to c:/fs2004. On first loading them into a fs2004 flight I got the 'Shall I get rid of the bits I don't like?' message, to which I responded 'No'.
Thereafter, fs2004 still seems to have gone ahead and trimmed the props off them. OK, OK, accept.
BUT, going back into fs2002 the props have also now been trimmed from the same prop planes in fs2002.
How does fs2004 edit flight models in C:/fs2002 - there are no common files as far as I'm aware - unless fs2002 is also looking at the fs9.cfg file in Documents and Settings.
Any advice on how to get the props back in fs2002 would be very welcome. Regards.

Google