PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 upgrade MB and memory or just memory?

Don Purcella
September 10th 03, 07:01 PM
I have a 1.4 P4 with 256 Meg and a GeForce 4 128

I am pondering upgrading to a P4 2.5 with 512Meg but wonder if just adding
another 256 Meg of memory will be enough.

My main gripe is the frame rate and stuttering. Sometimes the sim pauses for
a few seconds.

Opinions?

Nic
September 10th 03, 10:59 PM
> 512mb should be enough.

Agree.

Some Call Me Tim
September 13th 03, 10:50 PM
> Agree.

Na run VFR scenery and you'll need more 640Mb plus I've seen FS9 use up
nearly 500Mb on it's own! Graphics card memory is crucial 128Mb makes a
difference. Also Hard drive perforance is important fast udma 133 or SATA
7200 rpm striped drives or even faster SCSI if you can afford it make a lot
of difference.

Some Call Me Tim

Don Purcella
September 16th 03, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys. I got the memory and it feels like a different sim. No
stutters, faster frame rates and smoother transitions between views. Thanks
again.

"Nic" > wrote in message
k...

> > 512mb should be enough.