PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix 747 overhead panel

Johno
September 14th 03, 06:55 AM
I have recently installed PSS 747 Profession in FS2002. It all seems to
work fine except that I can't access the overhead panel. In instrument
panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
overhead.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sniper@SDU
September 14th 03, 03:37 PM
If you can't access overhead panel, how can you switch "battery on" and
start engines?
--
James MAK
http://www.private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080
"Johno" > wrote in message
u...
> I have recently installed PSS 747 Profession in FS2002. It all seems to
> work fine except that I can't access the overhead panel. In instrument
> panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
> overhead.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Alan White
September 14th 03, 06:41 PM
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:55:57 +1000, "Johno" > wrote:

>In instrument
>panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
>overhead.
>
>Any ideas?

Click on the bottom left icon on the Main Panel.

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.

Jeroen Wenting
September 14th 03, 08:02 PM
check the manual. It's all explained there.

"Johno" > wrote in message
u...
> I have recently installed PSS 747 Profession in FS2002. It all seems to
> work fine except that I can't access the overhead panel. In instrument
> panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
> overhead.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Johno
September 14th 03, 10:10 PM
Thanks Alan.

Johno

"Alan White" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:55:57 +1000, "Johno" > wrote:
>
> >In instrument
> >panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
> >overhead.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> Click on the bottom left icon on the Main Panel.
>
> --
> Alan White
> Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.
> Overlooking Loch Goil and Loch Long in Argyll, Scotland.
> http://tinyurl.com/55v3

Johno
September 14th 03, 10:11 PM
Don't select "cold and dark" start up. That way the engines are running
from the outset.

"Sniper@SDU" > wrote in message
> If you can't access overhead panel, how can you switch "battery on" and
> start engines?
> --
> James MAK
> http://www.private-pilot.no-ip.org:8080
> http://www.airtrafficcontrol.no-ip.org:8080
> "Johno" > wrote in message
> u...
> > I have recently installed PSS 747 Profession in FS2002. It all seems to
> > work fine except that I can't access the overhead panel. In instrument
> > panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
> > overhead.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks

Luciano Iosa
September 15th 03, 10:20 PM
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:55:57 +1000, "Johno" > wrote:

>I have recently installed PSS 747 Profession in FS2002. It all seems to
>work fine except that I can't access the overhead panel. In instrument
>panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
>overhead.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks

Follow this:

OVERHEAD PANEL FIX

open
FS2002\aircraft\PSS-747\panel.rr\panel.cfg using notepad
scroll to the line

VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37
VIEW_UP_DIR=-15.0, 0.0, 0.0

CHANGE TO "UP" TO "DOWN" AND REMOVE THE "-" IN FRONT OF -15.0 AS BELOW.

VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37
VIEW_DOWN_DIR=15.0, 0.0, 0.0

Exit and Save Panel.cfg
Do the same for panel.ge and panel.pw

Luciano

Johno
September 18th 03, 11:31 AM
"Luciano Iosa" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:55:57 +1000, "Johno" > wrote:
>
> >I have recently installed PSS 747 Profession in FS2002. It all seems to
> >work fine except that I can't access the overhead panel. In instrument
> >panel views main, radios, pedestal, FMS etc appear in the list but no
> >overhead.
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> Follow this:
>
> OVERHEAD PANEL FIX
>
> open
> FS2002\aircraft\PSS-747\panel.rr\panel.cfg using notepad
> scroll to the line
>
> VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37
> VIEW_UP_DIR=-15.0, 0.0, 0.0
>
> CHANGE TO "UP" TO "DOWN" AND REMOVE THE "-" IN FRONT OF -15.0 AS BELOW.
>
> VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37
> VIEW_DOWN_DIR=15.0, 0.0, 0.0
>
> Exit and Save Panel.cfg
> Do the same for panel.ge and panel.pw
>

> Luciano

Thanks Luciano.

I checked the files you suggested but they have already been corrected. I
guess the problem was fixed with more recent releases. My problem was
expecting to find the panel listed in the menu list and didn't think to try
the instrument panel icons!

Thanks again.

Johno

Google