PDA

View Full Version : Soaring Flight Sim?

Eggs
September 14th 03, 09:07 PM
Quick question: what's the best flight simulator for simulating glider
flying?

Thanks,

Curt

John Hall
September 14th 03, 09:14 PM
MS Flightsim 2004, 2002, 98, 95.... Not putting 2000 on the list because of
the poor 3d engine.

JK

"Eggs" > wrote in message
t...
> Quick question: what's the best flight simulator for simulating glider
> flying?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt

Rickenbacker
September 15th 03, 06:59 PM
"Eggs" > wrote in news:nU39b.2917$6n5.572405778
@twister1.starband.net:

> Quick question: what's the best flight simulator for simulating glider
> flying?

None of the "big" ones, that's for sure. There's a few "fan projects"
around, but I can't remember many names at the moment. SFS has somewhat
poor graphics, but models thermals pretty well (as well as the yaw string)
and Micro Flight is pretty good, but mostly has ultralights and
paragliders. There are others, and a search on google or the equivalent
would probably turn up a few more.

MSFS really doesn't cut it, although some of the freeware gliders are
pretty good. The thermal and ridge lift modelling is really bad though. X-
plane is somewhat better, but the yaw from those long wings just doesn't
feel 100% right to me.

Cap'n Dondo
September 15th 03, 07:58 PM
Microflight

www.avsim.com/mf

"Eggs" > wrote in message
t...
> Quick question: what's the best flight simulator for simulating glider
> flying?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt

Cap'n Dondo
September 15th 03, 08:18 PM
Microflight

www.avsim.com/mf

"Eggs" > wrote in message
t...
> Quick question: what's the best flight simulator for simulating glider
> flying?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt

Google