PDA

View Full Version : LXNAX V7 firmware update from Oudie2

Ethan Ronat
March 27th 15, 11:09 PM
I just updated my Oudie2 to version 6.17.001, and copied onto it's root directory the files for updating my LXNAX V7 firmware to version 4.98-99.
When checking the Setting menu in SeeYou on the Oudie2, I could not see anymore the LXNAV V7 or LXNAV V7(2) that used to be there for doing these updates, and instead, I see only a disabled LX160x and LX160x(2).
A glance at the Navitar page at: http://www.naviter.com/products/seeyou-mobile/seeyou-mobile-change-log/?version=4.33
, regarding SeeYou Mobile Change Log, said the following, under the older 5.12 update: LXNAV V7 settings removed (setup V7 on the V7 - it's better)
I don't know if this is relevant to the UPDATE of the V7.
Perhaps I need to download the SeeYou Mobile for PNA - ZIP package, from the right side of that page?
Has anyone recently updated the V7 firmware, via an Oudie2 running SeeYou?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ethan

Richard[_9_]
March 28th 15, 02:40 AM
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 4:09:42 PM UTC-7, Ethan Ronat wrote:
> I just updated my Oudie2 to version 6.17.001, and copied onto it's root directory the files for updating my LXNAX V7 firmware to version 4.98-99.
> When checking the Setting menu in SeeYou on the Oudie2, I could not see anymore the LXNAV V7 or LXNAV V7(2) that used to be there for doing these updates, and instead, I see only a disabled LX160x and LX160x(2).
> A glance at the Navitar page at: http://www.naviter.com/products/seeyou-mobile/seeyou-mobile-change-log/?version=4.33
> , regarding SeeYou Mobile Change Log, said the following, under the older 5.12 update: LXNAV V7 settings removed (setup V7 on the V7 - it's better)
> I don't know if this is relevant to the UPDATE of the V7.
> Perhaps I need to download the SeeYou Mobile for PNA - ZIP package, from the right side of that page?
> Has anyone recently updated the V7 firmware, via an Oudie2 running SeeYou?
> Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Ethan

9 Firmware Update
Firmware updates of the LXNAV V7 can be easily carried out using PDA or PC. Please visit
our webpage www.lxnav.com and check for the updates.
You can also subscribe to a newsletter to receive news about the LXNAV V7 automatically.
9.1 Updating LXNAV V7 firmware using OUDIE
Firmware update can be done with OUDIE version 4.20 or higher. You need CC-NP-OUDIE1
cable.
Be sure that PDA baudrate on V7 is set to 115200bps.
The procedure is following:
1. Download the latest firmware from http://www.lxnav.com/download/firmware.html
and update tool. Firmware consist of two files App_VINB_x.yy.lxfw and
App_VSEV_x.yy.lxfw.
2. Copy them to SD card or (Oudie)
3. Go into Setup-Settings-LXNAV V7(2)
4. Click button "update firmware"
5. Choose application LXNUpdate.exe (if SeeYou did not find that file, you must
download it from our web site http://www.lxnav.com/download/firmware.html)
Firmware files must be in same folder as LXNupdate.exe. LXNupdate will not work if
in same folder is not copied also CelxV.dll.
6. Seeyou will close and firmware app will run
7. Choose firmware file App_VINB_x.yy.lxfw, correct Comm. Port and speed
(115200bps)
8. Press "update" button
9. Firmware will be updated by following sequence (Loading firmware, Discovering,
synchronizing, programming)
10. Exit the Program Power Down the V7 and restart the V7
11. Please repeat procedure for 2nd firmware file App_VSEV_x.yy.lxfw from step 7.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Ethan Ronat
March 28th 15, 04:24 AM
Thank you Richard for this, and for your email explaining the discrepancy between this checklist, and how it is done in the newer version of SeeYou Mobile on the Oudie.
Ethan

Google