PDA

View Full Version : FS2002 - AI traffic crashes

Anonymous
September 17th 03, 10:24 AM
I was at the holding position at Aberdeen (Dyce) airport (EGPD) last night waiting for an aircraft on finals to touch down.

Looked in its direction as I like watching AI planes land.

This one bellyflopped about 300ft from the end of the runway and immediately disappeared... :O(

Is it unusual for AI traffic to crash ?

Cheers
Graeme

Ross Edmondson
September 21st 03, 10:41 PM
Not unusual at all. Each airport has individual AFCAD files that
control it - taxiways, gates, runway thresholds and the like. The
planes also have their own flight characterisitics in the aircraft.cfg
and .air files. A peculiarity in any of these could cause your
problem. You could try looking for updated .air files for the plane,
or installing a new AFCAD file.

"Anonymous" > wrote in message >...
> I was at the holding position at Aberdeen (Dyce) airport (EGPD) last night waiting for an aircraft on finals to touch down.
>
> Looked in its direction as I like watching AI planes land.
>
> This one bellyflopped about 300ft from the end of the runway and immediately disappeared... :O(
>
> Is it unusual for AI traffic to crash ?
>
> Cheers
> Graeme

Google