PDA

View Full Version : Re: Wings of Honour Demo

xcowell
September 27th 03, 02:20 AM
At last,a worthy successor to Red Baron. The demo illustrates excellence in
air and ground attack. I welcome the finnished product,and congratulate the
producers !

"Mike G" > wrote in message
> I gave it a try but it didn't like or didn't want to use a joystick
>
> --
> Mike G.
> Heirloom Woods
> www.heirloom-woods.net
> "Thunder" > wrote in message
> > Anyone have a look at the demo yet?
> > WWI Flight it looks like. Reminds me of Wings of Glory, of course
> > I have not played it yet since I am downloading.
> >
> > http://avault1.va.netfire.com/wingsofhonor_demo.exe

Skeksis
September 29th 03, 08:17 AM
"xcowell" > wrote in

> At last,a worthy successor to Red Baron. The demo illustrates
> excellence in air and ground attack. I welcome the finnished
> product,and congratulate the producers !

Excellence...where?

I am getting 75 fps in AH with occasional dips to 54 under Dx9 and am
getting similar perfromance in UT2003 but in Wings of Horror I am getting
low 30s along with complete lock ups. It was so bad I cannot comment on
the flight model. As for the graphics they left me with a slight feeling
of having watched second rate anime...

Skeksis

Mark
September 29th 03, 04:12 PM
My arse has a much more believable flight model ;)

"Biffo" > wrote in message
> On this day of our lord, Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:20:03 GMT, "xcowell"
> > quilled:
>
> >At last,a worthy successor to Red Baron. The demo illustrates excellence
in
> >air and ground attack. I welcome the finnished product,and congratulate
the
> >producers !
>
> You work for the publisher or developer? Crimson Skies has a more
> believable flight model.

Matt Jessick
September 30th 03, 05:01 AM
Mark wrote:
> My arse has a much more believable flight model ;)

The ease of shooting another plane down compensates for the
clunky view system. It didn't matter if I had only a vague idea of wher
the opponent was. I could just pull back on the stick in any direction
and pick him up again ;)

Google