PDA

View Full Version : Dual screen in FS9

John Mullen
September 27th 03, 07:01 PM
Hi!

I'm running XP2000 chip 1GB RAM with GeForce FX 5600 running WXP pro. I am
trying to run FS9 using an old S3 Trio 32/64 card in a PCI slot to drive a
second monitor for dials etc. FS 2002 used to let me do this no probs, but
FS9 goes into software mode whish is so slow as not to be worthwhile using
it. I have recent video drivers and Direct X 9 installed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

John

Ed Medlin
September 28th 03, 01:22 PM
"John Mullen" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I'm running XP2000 chip 1GB RAM with GeForce FX 5600 running WXP pro. I am
> trying to run FS9 using an old S3 Trio 32/64 card in a PCI slot to drive a
> second monitor for dials etc. FS 2002 used to let me do this no probs, but
> FS9 goes into software mode whish is so slow as not to be worthwhile using
> it. I have recent video drivers and Direct X 9 installed. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> John

Does your 5600 have a DVI input? It should have, since most Nvidia cards
since the Ti+ series have them. If so, just get a DVI-Analog adapter and use
only the 5600 and Nview from the Nvidia drivers. My FX5900U has both and
came with the adapter, but I think you should be able to pick one up at
Radio Shack or another such retailer. The card has to also support dual
monitor mode and not be an either/or type card. I never tried dual monitors
until I got the 5900, so I am not really sure which cards had this support.
I am looking at my Ti4600 and see that it has both DVI and Analog
connectors, but I am not sure if it supports dual monitors or not.

Ed

John Mullen
September 29th 03, 12:59 AM
"Ed Medlin" > wrote in message
> "John Mullen" > wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm running XP2000 chip 1GB RAM with GeForce FX 5600 running WXP pro. I
am
> > trying to run FS9 using an old S3 Trio 32/64 card in a PCI slot to drive
> > second monitor for dials etc. FS 2002 used to let me do this no probs,
but
> > FS9 goes into software mode whish is so slow as not to be worthwhile
using
> > it. I have recent video drivers and Direct X 9 installed. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > John
> >

> Does your 5600 have a DVI input? It should have, since most Nvidia cards
> since the Ti+ series have them. If so, just get a DVI-Analog adapter and
use
> only the 5600 and Nview from the Nvidia drivers. My FX5900U has both and
> came with the adapter, but I think you should be able to pick one up at
> Radio Shack or another such retailer. The card has to also support dual
> monitor mode and not be an either/or type card. I never tried dual
monitors
> until I got the 5900, so I am not really sure which cards had this
support.
> I am looking at my Ti4600 and see that it has both DVI and Analog
> connectors, but I am not sure if it supports dual monitors or not.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that ad report back

John

Google