PDA

View Full Version : FS2002 failing with Windows XP - HELP !!

Jim Kilpatrick
September 27th 03, 09:58 PM
Hope someone can help me - I'm running FS2002 on a 700MHz Duron chipped PC
with 640Mb RAM which was perfectly OK when loaded with Windows ME. Now that
I've loaded Windows XP Pro I can no longer run FS2002. The program loads in
the elements, but just at the point where it's about to display the actual
sim, it craps out with a blue screen. I've got the same GEForce II MX card
with32Mb on it which ran OK with Windows ME, but despite loading the latest
driver for it from the Nvidia website, the problem still persists.

Does anyone know of a solution? I'm desperate to get the sim up and running
again.

Thanks

Jim

Quilljar
September 27th 03, 11:18 PM
Jim Kilpatrick wrote:
> Hope someone can help me - I'm running FS2002 on a 700MHz Duron
> chipped PC with 640Mb RAM which was perfectly OK when loaded with
> Windows ME. Now that I've loaded Windows XP Pro I can no longer run
> FS2002. The program loads in the elements, but just at the point
> where it's about to display the actual sim, it craps out with a blue
> screen. I've got the same GEForce II MX card with32Mb on it which
> ran OK with Windows ME, but despite loading the latest driver for it
> from the Nvidia website, the problem still persists.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution? I'm desperate to get the sim up and
> running again.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

FS2002 certainly runs very well with XP, I have been running it since it
came out. I suggest you do a complete uninstall and then re-install. It wont
affect your addon aircraft or scenery.

---

Ed Medlin
September 28th 03, 01:33 PM
"Jim Kilpatrick" > wrote in message
> Hope someone can help me - I'm running FS2002 on a 700MHz Duron chipped PC
> with 640Mb RAM which was perfectly OK when loaded with Windows ME. Now
that
> I've loaded Windows XP Pro I can no longer run FS2002. The program loads
in
> the elements, but just at the point where it's about to display the actual
> sim, it craps out with a blue screen. I've got the same GEForce II MX
card
> with32Mb on it which ran OK with Windows ME, but despite loading the
latest
> driver for it from the Nvidia website, the problem still persists.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution? I'm desperate to get the sim up and
running
> again.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Jim,
Did you do an upgrade install of XP or a clean install? If you did the
upgrade, there can be some problems from the left-over ME OS. Also, make
sure you get the latest DX9 installed. XP also takes a good bit of resources
to run. More than ME for sure. One other thing that could be an issue is the
video card. The GF2 MX is actually an original GF1 card (DX7) with slightly
faster core and memory speeds. The GPU technology for it is about 4yrs old.
I am not sure if there are any issues with this card and XP.

Ed

Google