PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with FS2004

Phiber Optik
September 28th 03, 06:06 AM
FS2002 seemed to have a lot of "heart" in it, FS2004 seems like ms was in a
rush to get it to market.

I.E....

I tried to land the Amphibeous plane in the reflecting pond in front of the
Lincoln Memorial only to discover I could fly right through and under it.
:(

Autogen is totally incorrect (what happen to the Bridges).

My Dad works at a powerplant that has a 600 ft. smoke stack, in FS2002 it's
there, in FS2004, its not where it's supposed to be and looks like a stick
(not 600 ft either) , also stacks are totally gone for one of the Dams near
my home.

Has MS Censored these? (Look around your own neighborhoods, Compare with
FS2002)

A few airports have Grass growing in the middle of the Taxi Ways.

Some Airports your wheels go through the runway.

In Fs2002 when you run off the runway it was a very bumpy ride, in FS2004,
the ride is still pretty smooth.
(Not very realistic)

I paid #74.00 for FS2002 Pro Edition, I Paid $52.00 for FS2004 . To me, the
FS2002 Team did a much better Job then the FS2004 Team did. Fs2002 was worth
the extra $24.00. (Could have used a Printed Manual)

Been flying MS sims for a long time (FS2.0)

Looks Like the Best Manual goes to Flight Sim 5.1
The Best Game goes to FS2002

FS2004 was a waste of my money, other then the aircraft and the GPS,and
shore lines I really don't see any imrovement.

MS should have waited a year to work out the kinks and Called it FS2005.

John Mullen
September 28th 03, 12:23 PM
"Phiber Optik" > wrote in message
> FS2002 seemed to have a lot of "heart" in it, FS2004 seems like ms was in
> rush to get it to market.

(snip)

> I paid #74.00 for FS2002 Pro Edition, I Paid $52.00 for FS2004 . To me,
the
> FS2002 Team did a much better Job then the FS2004 Team did. Fs2002 was
worth
> the extra $24.00. (Could have used a Printed Manual)
>
> Been flying MS sims for a long time (FS2.0)
>

> Looks Like the Best Manual goes to Flight Sim 5.1
> The Best Game goes to FS2002
>
> FS2004 was a waste of my money, other then the aircraft and the GPS,and
> shore lines I really don't see any imrovement.

You could also mention the clouds and ATC. But, yes, so far I agree with
you.

> MS should have waited a year to work out the kinks and Called it FS2005.

But then they wouldn't be MS would they?!

John

BillHeronemus
September 28th 03, 10:19 PM
I noticed similar dissapointments when I started using FS2004 a few days ago.
Since I live in lower Delaware, I usually try flying out of KGED Sussex County
airport and head NE towards the Delaware Bay and North past Atlantic City to
sightsee around NYC. Well, I noticed that at the default airport in KSEA
Seattle Tacoma International when you take off, you can see ferry boats with
some realistic cars inside crossing a river, with what appears to be fairly
accurate detail. There is no detail whatsoever in the Delaware Bay scenery.
No lighthouses (Not even the Cape May lighthouse in N.J.), no Breakwaters or
Ice Breakers (Rock Piles), no Ships or boats, not even the Cape May - Lewes
Ferry which usually has two crossing the bay at any one time. The Inlets are
missing their Jetties, No Lewes-Rehoboth canal, No Boardwalks at Rehoboth beach
or Ocean city MD, and only one highrise building in O.C.? What did they use,
maps from the 1920's??? It seems like the very least they could have done was
use some Coastal navigation charts like #12304 which covers the Delaware Bay in
Detail and shows the channels the Freighters and Tankers take to drop off their
cargo in Philadelphia. There is so much detail that could be inserted to make
this a realistic FS. Now, I know the programmers on the west coast may not
care about making any extra effort to make the east coast recognizable to those
of us that live here, but from what I've seen so far, the only improvement has
been in the clouds. Maybe there could be some less expensive programmers in
India who could be hired to bring out the true potential in this product. I'm
just thankful I paid less than $50.00 for it at a computer show. I was
really looking forward to a far superior product.

earl holland
October 1st 03, 02:49 AM
(BillHeronemus) wrote in message >...
> I noticed similar dissapointments when I started using FS2004 a few days ago.
> Since I live in lower Delaware, I usually try flying out of KGED Sussex County
> airport and head NE towards the Delaware Bay and North past Atlantic City to
> sightsee around NYC. Well, I noticed that at the default airport in KSEA
> Seattle Tacoma International when you take off, you can see ferry boats with
> some realistic cars inside crossing a river, with what appears to be fairly
> accurate detail. There is no detail whatsoever in the Delaware Bay scenery.
> No lighthouses (Not even the Cape May lighthouse in N.J.), no Breakwaters or
> Ice Breakers (Rock Piles), no Ships or boats, not even the Cape May - Lewes
> Ferry which usually has two crossing the bay at any one time. The Inlets are
> missing their Jetties, No Lewes-Rehoboth canal, No Boardwalks at Rehoboth beach
> or Ocean city MD, and only one highrise building in O.C.? What did they use,
> maps from the 1920's??? It seems like the very least they could have done was
> use some Coastal navigation charts like #12304 which covers the Delaware Bay in
> Detail and shows the channels the Freighters and Tankers take to drop off their
> cargo in Philadelphia. There is so much detail that could be inserted to make
> this a realistic FS. Now, I know the programmers on the west coast may not
> care about making any extra effort to make the east coast recognizable to those
> of us that live here, but from what I've seen so far, the only improvement has
> been in the clouds. Maybe there could be some less expensive programmers in
> India who could be hired to bring out the true potential in this product. I'm
> just thankful I paid less than $50.00 for it at a computer show. I was
> really looking forward to a far superior product.

--------------------

Yep, couldn't agree with Bill more if I tried. Flt Sim 2004 is a total
joke, a big waste, a major ripoff. But don't forget, even though
Microscab took the 30 Day Money Back guarantee statement off the
package, the 30 day policy still applies. Call 800-360-7561, listen to
the options, then press zero (oh) for customer service. They will tell
you yes, you can get a refund within 30 days. No need to keep trash
like this, and FS 2004 is a huge disappointment. They didn't even fix
the bugs from the last version. I think it's time to get a new hobby.

The Real Deal
October 9th 03, 02:05 AM
> Yep, couldn't agree with Bill more if I tried. Flt Sim 2004 is a total
> joke, a big waste, a major ripoff. But don't forget, even though
> Microscab took the 30 Day Money Back guarantee statement off the
> package, the 30 day policy still applies. Call 800-360-7561, listen to
> the options, then press zero (oh) for customer service. They will tell
> you yes, you can get a refund within 30 days. No need to keep trash
> like this, and FS 2004 is a huge disappointment. They didn't even fix
> the bugs from the last version. I think it's time to get a new hobby.

Do us all a favor and get a new hobby.

Couldn't have been much of a hobby for you if all you do is fly vfr and
complain about stupid ****! <VBG>

Really

Phiber Optik
October 12th 03, 04:13 PM
And how long have you worked for Micro$oft?

It's not stupid to let the world know they are getting ripped!

> Do us all a favor and get a new hobby.
>
> Couldn't have been much of a hobby for you if all you do is fly vfr and
> complain about stupid ****! <VBG>
>
> Really

Google