PDA

View Full Version : Visual bugs in MSFS 2004

October 4th 03, 05:18 PM
I've just upgraded from FS 2002 to FS 2004, and 2004 has a serious
visual problem - most of the 2D graphics are not shown. These include
the cockpit panels in 2D cockpit mode, 2D radio stack, GPS, etc. Instead
of being shown, the screen is simply black in that area. Bizarrely, a
few of these panels are shown, such as the cockpit for the B737, but no
other aircraft.

All 3D graphics are shown correctly, including terrain and 3D cockpits.
All the 2D graphics in the menus, etc, are shown correctly.

If, in control panel, I reduce hardware acceleration enough to disable
Direct3D, the problem goes away, and all panels are displayed correctly,
but then of course performance is unacceptable. This suggest a driver
problem.

I've tried re-installing MSFS, wiping the machine and reinstalling
Windows 2000 from scratch, and upgrading to Windows XP; all with no
change.

Has anyone else seen this, and can anyone suggest a cure?

Current config:

Windows XP service pack 1
MSFS 2004
Athlon 2400
NVidia GeForce FX 5600
NVidia driver version 4.3.5.1
DirectX version 9.0b

Alistair Cunningham

Gerard Verhoef
October 4th 03, 06:34 PM
Thousands had this problem.
Upgrade to the newest drivers

Gerard
> wrote in message ...
> I've just upgraded from FS 2002 to FS 2004, and 2004 has a serious
> visual problem - most of the 2D graphics are not shown. These include
> the cockpit panels in 2D cockpit mode, 2D radio stack, GPS, etc. Instead
> of being shown, the screen is simply black in that area. Bizarrely, a
> few of these panels are shown, such as the cockpit for the B737, but no
> other aircraft.
>
> All 3D graphics are shown correctly, including terrain and 3D cockpits.
> All the 2D graphics in the menus, etc, are shown correctly.
>
> If, in control panel, I reduce hardware acceleration enough to disable
> Direct3D, the problem goes away, and all panels are displayed correctly,
> but then of course performance is unacceptable. This suggest a driver
> problem.
>
> I've tried re-installing MSFS, wiping the machine and reinstalling
> Windows 2000 from scratch, and upgrading to Windows XP; all with no
> change.
>
> Has anyone else seen this, and can anyone suggest a cure?
>
> Current config:
>
> Windows XP service pack 1
> MSFS 2004
> Athlon 2400