PDA

View Full Version : Side Winder 2 Joy stick

Colin Perkins
October 13th 03, 04:26 PM
My Microsoft Sidewinder works perfectly in Win 98 ; but when installed in
Win XP (for FS 2000), it is there one minute and gone the next. I have
heard this may be a program/hardware conflict - any ideas ?

Many thanks.

Colin Perkins

FG Phil
October 13th 03, 10:02 PM
Hey Colin.
I use the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 in FS 2002 on Windows XP with no
problems. There could be driver issue here i think.
"Colin Perkins" > wrote in message
> My Microsoft Sidewinder works perfectly in Win 98 ; but when installed in
> Win XP (for FS 2000), it is there one minute and gone the next. I have
> heard this may be a program/hardware conflict - any ideas ?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Colin Perkins

Colin Perkins
October 14th 03, 09:25 PM
To FG Phil,

Many thanks for your comments. The drivers were uninstalled, note that the
drivers were installed using the CD-ROM supplied - for Win98 ! The joystick
was plugged back in and then XP installed the joystick - no problems so far
!

Colin

Google