PDA

View Full Version : CH Yoke/rudder

Bill
October 21st 03, 08:55 PM
Using above in USB versions.

Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
recognizes either controller.

Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
come up with anything.

Thanks

Bill

Michael Gray
October 22nd 03, 12:06 AM
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:55:15 -0400, "Bill" > wrote:

>Using above in USB versions.
>
>Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
>recognizes either controller.
>
>Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
>come up with anything.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bill

This is not a suggestion for a fix, but of a slightly quicker
workaround than a re-boot.
Try going into "Device Manager" right clicking on the device list pane
and selected "Scan for Hardware Changes".
If you are lucky, it will find the controllers again, and you won't
need a re-boot.

mdavis
October 22nd 03, 01:42 AM
You do have the latest CH Control Manager 2.2 installed?

Dashii
October 22nd 03, 03:08 AM
Sometimes with a USB device you just need to unplug it and then plug it in
again to be recognized without a re-boot.

Dashii

"mdavis" > wrote in message
> You do have the latest CH Control Manager 2.2 installed?

mdavis
October 22nd 03, 03:11 AM
One problem might be using a USB hub. The CH controllers seem to like their
own ports on the mobo, not strung along on a hub chain.

eb
October 22nd 03, 05:31 AM
Came across the following MS Knowledge Base article. KB822603. It's purpose
is to address a number of USB 1.1 and 2.0 under XP SP1, but it does state
that it addresses the following:

Your USB device does not work after you resume from an S1 or S3 power state.

I have no idea whether it will help you or not but worth a mention. It can
also be applied through Windows Update. It's listed under "recommended
updates".

Regards
Eb.

"Bill" > wrote in message
. ..
> Using above in USB versions.
>
> Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
> recognizes either controller.
>
> Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
> come up with anything.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Bill
October 22nd 03, 06:08 AM
"Bill" > wrote in message
. ..
> Using above in USB versions.
>
> Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no longer
> recognizes either controller.
>
> Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far hasn't
> come up with anything.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try them. I do have control manager but
its 2.1. will get 2.2.

Bill

Bill
October 22nd 03, 06:16 AM
Thanks eb I have the 822603 installed.

Bill

"eb" > wrote in message
> Came across the following MS Knowledge Base article. KB822603. It's
purpose
> is to address a number of USB 1.1 and 2.0 under XP SP1, but it does state
> that it addresses the following:
>
> Your USB device does not work after you resume from an S1 or S3 power
state.

> I have no idea whether it will help you or not but worth a mention. It
can
> also be applied through Windows Update. It's listed under "recommended
> updates".
>
> Regards
> Eb.
>
> "Bill" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Using above in USB versions.
> >
> > Whenever I return from standby (XP) I have to reboot as windows no
longer
> > recognizes either controller.
> >
> > Anyone experience this and have a suggestion to fix this? CH so far
hasn't
> > come up with anything.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bill

Bill
October 22nd 03, 06:18 AM
Thanks but not using a hub.

Bill

"mdavis" > wrote in message
> One problem might be using a USB hub. The CH controllers seem to like
their
> own ports on the mobo, not strung along on a hub chain.

Jari Kähkönen
October 22nd 03, 10:06 AM
mdavis wrote:

> You do have the latest CH Control Manager 2.2 installed?

Copy & paste from theri web-site:

"Version 2.20 of the CH Control Manager adds support for the CH Virtual
Pilot Pro USB. Other than that, it is identical to Version 2.10. If you are
currently using Version 2.10 and are not using the Virtual Pilot Pro USB,
there is no need to install Version 2.20."

I think it doesn't do any good in this case...

-Jari

Google