PDA

View Full Version : Some video from the PAGC final day...

Sean Fidler
May 5th 15, 07:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlXIESJdn64GCQlOvKwSoVrV0Fs-IsAf0

Dan Marotta
May 5th 15, 04:27 PM
What is that framework inside the canopy?

--
Dan Marotta

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
May 5th 15, 04:46 PM
On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 11:27:26 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
> What is that framework inside the canopy?
>

> On 5/5/2015 12:14 AM, Sean Fidler
> wrote:
>

> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlXIESJdn64GCQlOvKwSoVrV0Fs-IsAf0
>

> --
>
> Dan Marotta

Probably a "don't cut my head off when I land out and try to go through a wire fence on rollout" frame. It looks similar to one "JB" used to have.

Tony[_5_]
May 5th 15, 05:48 PM
darn i was hoping to see the part where you passed me as we glided out under the solid overcast

Sean Fidler
May 6th 15, 05:26 AM
Yep, that is wire protection frame inside the canopy. This was a bit hard to get used to at first but definitely useful in certain unfortunate circumstances. I don't even notice it anymore.

Tony, the last hour thirty of that task was unreal! I wish the battery was extended or that I had another camera.

Sean Fidler
May 6th 15, 06:16 AM
Video 4 is the most exciting in terms of action if your looking for "just one" to watch.

BruceGreeff
May 6th 15, 09:13 AM
I know two glider pilots with "interesting" facial scars from having
near death experiences with wire fences.

Some protection is a good thing in areas where the fields tend to be small.

Personally I have only once been worried about the proximity of the
approaching fence, and ground looped the glider to be SURE of not
hitting it.

On 2015-05-06 06:26, Sean Fidler wrote:
> Yep, that is wire protection frame inside the canopy. This was a bit hard to get used to at first but definitely useful in certain unfortunate circumstances. I don't even notice it anymore.
>
> Tony, the last hour thirty of that task was unreal! I wish the battery was extended or that I had another camera.

--
Bruce Greeff
T59D #1771

Ross[_3_]
May 6th 15, 11:41 AM
My guess is you have no rules about vertical separation to clouds there?
Videos like that are frowned apon here.

Jonathan St. Cloud
May 6th 15, 10:31 PM
I thought I was reading the wire protection is mandatory in France. Good idea

bumper[_4_]
May 7th 15, 06:13 AM
Nice looking MKIV yaw string :c)

bumper