PDA

View Full Version : Liability insurance for Tow Pilots

Walt Connelly
May 6th 15, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know of an aviation insurance company that writes liability only for tow pilots? I'm on the insurance policy of the operation but I have assets and wish to protect myself beyond the company's insurance.

Craig Funston
May 6th 15, 08:04 PM
On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 11:43:12 AM UTC-7, Walt Connelly wrote:
> Does anyone know of an aviation insurance company that writes liability
> only for tow pilots? I'm on the insurance policy of the operation but I
> have assets and wish to protect myself beyond the company's insurance.
>

> --
> Walt Connelly

It's possible an umbrella policy might protect your personal assets. You'd have to check with the underwriter.

Craig
7Q

Papa3[_2_]
May 7th 15, 03:26 AM
The vast majority of personal excess/umbrella policies I've seen specifically exclude Aviation/Aircraft-related losses. I work in the industry and have asked this question at most of the top 10 carriers. I'm currently at a carrier that specializes in the high net-worth market, so there's some chance they may understand. I'll see if I can track down an underwriter tomorrow.

P3

Walt Connelly
May 7th 15, 07:01 PM
;902942']The vast majority of personal excess/umbrella policies I've seen specifically exclude Aviation/Aircraft-related losses. I work in the industry and have asked this question at most of the top 10 carriers. I'm currently at a carrier that specializes in the high net-worth market, so there's some chance they may understand. I'll see if I can track down an underwriter tomorrow.

P3

Thank you....I have an umbrella policy but it does not cover me for liability. I am covered under the owners policy with a waiver of subrogation but wish to protect my personal assets from some litigation crazy types and lawyers.

Soarin Again[_2_]
May 8th 15, 12:48 AM
At 18:01 07 May 2015, Walt Connelly wrote:

>'Papa3[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;902942']The vast majority of personal excess/umbrella policies I'v
>> seen specifically exclude Aviation/Aircraft-related losses. I work i
>> the industry and have asked this question at most of the top 1
>> carriers. I'm currently at a carrier that specializes in the hig
>> net-worth market, so there's some chance they may understand. I'll se
>> if I can track down an underwriter tomorrow.
>>
>> P3
>
>Thank you....I have an umbrella policy but it does not cover me fo
>liability. I am covered under the owners policy with a waiver o
>subrogation but wish to protect my personal assets from some litigatio
>crazy types and lawyers
>--
>Walt Connelly

If you are concerned about your personal liability or the tow operators and
you tow unregistered aircraft such as ultralights while insured thru the
Costello group plan. You might contact Costello to see if the operator or
yourself are actually covered while towing unregistered aircraft.

Google