PDA

View Full Version : FS 2002 install under Win98/2nd

Benny Jørgensen
November 9th 03, 10:01 AM
Hi' there !
I'm having trouble installing FS 2002 Prof. in Win 98/2nd. Installation freezes in some of the big Scenery CAB's !!
Anybody got a fix for this ????
Happy Landings
Benny

mike popken
November 13th 03, 09:06 AM
Benny Jørgensen > wrote in message >...
> Hi' there !
> I'm having trouble installing FS 2002 Prof. in Win 98/2nd. Installation
> freezes in some of the big Scenery CAB's !!
> Anybody got a fix for this ????
> Happy Landings
> Benny
=================

Hello Benny--

I'm not one of those Microslut suckbutts you find yourself treated to
at avsim and flt sim com, who say Microsoft and flt sim can do no
wrong. If you disagree there, you get booted out the door. But I have
to say in all fairness to microslut and flt sim that in your
situation, the problem is with your computer, not FS2002. If your
machine is in some manner of harmony, then fS2k2 should install and
run fine. It did on my machine. I've since moved on to FS2004/fs9, and
again, there are no problems such as you describe. This is not to
excuse Microslut for the many deficiencies in both fs2002 + fs2004.
There are plenty, but crashing, freezing etc is not part of how they
operate. The reason I'm replying to your msg is cuz I, too, use
win98se, so we are on the same wavelength here. Uninstall routines
cause a lot of trouble many times. This is why Win Xp has thhis
RESTORE feature, they call it, where you can revert your system back
to another day when things were working well. This is cuz uninstallers
frequently mess up your windows\system subdirectory, among other
things. So the long and short of the matter, Benny, is if I were
facing this problem, I'd just start from scratch. Put your important
files on another HD, or burn them to a CD-R, being sure to check the
WRITE VERIFY box in the burning software you use, if it has such a
box. I use Nero, and you CAN WRITE VERIFY when burning a CD. Then you
are sure of no mistakes. When you have safely backed up your precious
data, just delete the whole partition, reformat your drive, create a
new partition, and install Win98se, then instead of installing all the
other junk you might have, make flt sim one of the first items you put
back, but never forget that it doesn't matter if you have AMD or Intel
CPU, you gotta install your chipset drivers VERY FIRST THING. AMD
usually refers to these as the 4 and 1 drivers, or u;sed to. Intel
calls it the Chipset Software Install Utility. The latest file I used
was ""infinst_enu.zip"" from Intel's website. :You must install this
first, so your chipset can talk to the other gizmos in your computer.
If you have Intel CPU, then u install the Application Accellerator
driver. Then DX8 or 9 update. Then you can start putting in your usual
progs, including flt sim, but when you start installing progs before
doing these other things, you upset the natural order of things, and
wind up with a similar mess as u have now. ... So this is a long
explanation to say that as much as I love to bash Microslut, and flt
sim, flt sim is blameless for your situation.
Hope this help.

Mkie (jw-Missouri)

Henry
November 14th 03, 04:49 AM
"mike popken" > wrote in message
om...
> Benny Jørgensen > wrote in message
> > Hi' there !
> > I'm having trouble installing FS 2002 Prof. in Win 98/2nd. Installation
> > freezes in some of the big Scenery CAB's !!
> > Anybody got a fix for this ????
> > Happy Landings
> > Benny
> =================
>
> Hello Benny--
>
> I'm not one of those Microslut suckbutts you find yourself treated to
> at avsim and flt sim com, who say Microsoft and flt sim can do no
> wrong.

Well they kicked you to the curb for good reason, you are an Asshole!

Henry

Benny Jørgensen
November 17th 03, 09:29 AM
Hi'
Nobody out there has had / fixed this problem ????????????
Happy Landings
Benny

"Henry" > skrev i en meddelelse

> "mike popken" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Benny Jørgensen > wrote in message
> > > Hi' there !
> > > I'm having trouble installing FS 2002 Prof. in Win 98/2nd.
Installation
> > > freezes in some of the big Scenery CAB's !!
> > > Anybody got a fix for this ????
> > > Happy Landings
> > > Benny
> > =================
> >
> > Hello Benny--
> >
> > I'm not one of those Microslut suckbutts you find yourself treated to
> > at avsim and flt sim com, who say Microsoft and flt sim can do no
> > wrong.
>
> Well they kicked you to the curb for good reason, you are an Asshole!
>
> Henry

Benny Jørgensen
November 22nd 03, 09:29 AM
Bump !!

"Benny Jørgensen" > skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi'
> Nobody out there has had / fixed this problem ????????????
> Happy Landings
> Benny
>
> "Henry" > skrev i en meddelelse
> >
> > "mike popken" > wrote in message
> > om...
> Installation
> > >
> > > Hello Benny--
> > >
> > > I'm not one of those Microslut suckbutts you find yourself treated to
> > > at avsim and flt sim com, who say Microsoft and flt sim can do no
> > > wrong.
> >
> > Well they kicked you to the curb for good reason, you are an Asshole!
> >
> > Henry

Google