PDA

View Full Version : Saitek stick/throttle....rudder issue

Wayne
November 16th 03, 04:06 AM
Hey,
This is a pretty good stick/throttle combination, but it causes a quirky
behavior in that the aircraft rudder becomes very unstable on takeoff roll.
It slips from side to side, making takeoff a real challange. I'm pretty new
with this stick and would appreciate if anyone else having this problem
could give some feedback on it.

Thanks,

--

Wayne

Dashi
November 16th 03, 06:57 AM
If you are trying to fly a single engine prop, that is the way it should
work. You need to keep a constant left rudder input during take-off and less
of an input in straight and level flight.

I've used the Saitek stick/throttle for a couple of years.

Dashi

"Wayne" > wrote in message
> Hey,
> This is a pretty good stick/throttle combination, but it causes a quirky
> behavior in that the aircraft rudder becomes very unstable on takeoff
roll.
> It slips from side to side, making takeoff a real challange. I'm pretty
new
> with this stick and would appreciate if anyone else having this problem
> could give some feedback on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Wayne

Wayne
November 16th 03, 03:39 PM
I don't fly prop very often. Usually large commerical jets, (777, 747,
737-800)
So do I keep 'left rudder' on (the rudder toggle button on the underside of
the throttle control)
Thanks.

--

Wayne

"Dashi" > wrote in message
> If you are trying to fly a single engine prop, that is the way it should
> work. You need to keep a constant left rudder input during take-off and
less
> of an input in straight and level flight.
>
> I've used the Saitek stick/throttle for a couple of years.
>
> Dashi
>
> "Wayne" > wrote in message
> > Hey,
> > This is a pretty good stick/throttle combination, but it causes a quirky
> > behavior in that the aircraft rudder becomes very unstable on takeoff
> roll.
> > It slips from side to side, making takeoff a real challange. I'm pretty
> new
> > with this stick and would appreciate if anyone else having this problem
> > could give some feedback on it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> >
> > Wayne

Dashi
November 16th 03, 10:29 PM
"Wayne" > wrote in message
> I don't fly prop very often. Usually large commerical jets, (777, 747,
> 737-800)
> So do I keep 'left rudder' on (the rudder toggle button on the underside
of
> the throttle control)
> Thanks.

Oops! I mean a right rudder input. The single engine prop aircraft will want
to turn to the left.

Using the rudder control on the Saitek is tedious, I use rudder pedals now.

Dashi
> --
>
> Wayne
>
> "Dashi" > wrote in message
> > If you are trying to fly a single engine prop, that is the way it should
> > work. You need to keep a constant left rudder input during take-off and
> less
> > of an input in straight and level flight.
> >
> > I've used the Saitek stick/throttle for a couple of years.
> >
> > Dashi
> >
> > "Wayne" > wrote in message
> > > Hey,
> > > This is a pretty good stick/throttle combination, but it causes a
quirky
> > > behavior in that the aircraft rudder becomes very unstable on takeoff
> > roll.
> > > It slips from side to side, making takeoff a real challange. I'm
pretty
> > new
> > > with this stick and would appreciate if anyone else having this
problem
> > > could give some feedback on it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > --