PDA

View Full Version : Skip Tower View Possible ?

Steve Stethen
November 20th 03, 03:43 AM
Looking for a bit of help as I program my HOTAS for FS9.

S (cycle views forward) and shift s (cycle views backward) include
cockpit, virtual, tower and spot views. I don't find the tower view
very useful. I'd like to program specific views in lieu of cycling to
them. Are there discrete commands for cockpit, virtual, and spot views?

Review of the kneeboard keypad assignments leads me to believe
independent view commands don't exist. Has anyone developed a way to
overcome this?

I have a Thrustmaster Cougar.

Thanks,
Buzz

Tlewis95
November 22nd 03, 03:57 AM
MIght check the FS2002.cfg or FS9.cfg depending on what sim you have.

Steve Stethen
November 22nd 03, 01:12 PM
Good idea. I checked fs9.cfg. No joy.

Buzz

Worrybird
November 29th 03, 10:08 AM
Yes it is possible...

Method 1:
Program a toggle button with SHF s (shift s) as the first click to pop to
the chase view on the first click and back in the cockpit with s on the
second click.

Method 2:
However, I had problems with this toggle getting out of sequence and
discovered an even more reliable and lesser known keystroke combination:

SHF [ (shift left bracket)

*** I don't care what view you are in... if you hit SHF [ (shift left
bracket) you will be in the forward 2-D cockpit. If you hit it again it
will toggle the full view off and on. ***

My preference was to program one button to cycle backwards with SHF s (shift
s) - first click will put you in chase, second click will put you in the
Virtual Cockpit.

The second button is programmed with SHF [ (shift left bracket). First
click will always return me to the cockpit, second click will give me the
full forward view.

I hope this makes sense...

daBird

"Steve Stethen" > wrote in message
> Looking for a bit of help as I program my HOTAS for FS9.
>
> S (cycle views forward) and shift s (cycle views backward) include
> cockpit, virtual, tower and spot views. I don't find the tower view
> very useful. I'd like to program specific views in lieu of cycling to
> them. Are there discrete commands for cockpit, virtual, and spot views?
>
> Review of the kneeboard keypad assignments leads me to believe
> independent view commands don't exist. Has anyone developed a way to
> overcome this?
>
> I have a Thrustmaster Cougar.
>
> Thanks,
> Buzz

Angus Lepper
November 29th 03, 12:19 PM
That key combo is the 'Global View On' combo. It shows the cockpit, then if
you press it again, it will rid the cockpit completely, press it again, the
default panels come back.
"Worrybird" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Yes it is possible...
>
> Method 1:
> Program a toggle button with SHF s (shift s) as the first click to pop to
> the chase view on the first click and back in the cockpit with s on the
> second click.
>
> Method 2:
> However, I had problems with this toggle getting out of sequence and
> discovered an even more reliable and lesser known keystroke combination:
>
> SHF [ (shift left bracket)
>
> *** I don't care what view you are in... if you hit SHF [ (shift left
> bracket) you will be in the forward 2-D cockpit. If you hit it again it
> will toggle the full view off and on. ***
>
> My preference was to program one button to cycle backwards with SHF s
(shift
> s) - first click will put you in chase, second click will put you in the
> Virtual Cockpit.
>
> The second button is programmed with SHF [ (shift left bracket). First
> click will always return me to the cockpit, second click will give me the
> full forward view.
>
> I hope this makes sense...
>
> daBird
>

> "Steve Stethen" > wrote in message
> > Looking for a bit of help as I program my HOTAS for FS9.
> >
> > S (cycle views forward) and shift s (cycle views backward) include
> > cockpit, virtual, tower and spot views. I don't find the tower view
> > very useful. I'd like to program specific views in lieu of cycling to
> > them. Are there discrete commands for cockpit, virtual, and spot views?
> >
> > Review of the kneeboard keypad assignments leads me to believe
> > independent view commands don't exist. Has anyone developed a way to
> > overcome this?
> >
> > I have a Thrustmaster Cougar.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Buzz