PDA

View Full Version : Crash to desktop....

nooneimportant
November 22nd 03, 09:17 PM
I have FScof... and a decent machine to run it on... P4 at 2 ghz and 512
RAM... graphics are GForce2 with 64mb on it... Directx9 is installed, driver
versions are 6.14.10.4523 I had been able to load and run just fine for a
while, aside from a initilization failure after deleteing an aircraft that
made the system unstable (went ahead an put the plane back in to clear the
error, but have no idea how to delete the AC without causing errors,
previous versins were as simple as deleting the appropriate folder). Have
made NO changes to system as far as software is concerend in a couple of
weeks, was able to run sim fine as of yesterday morning. For that flight i
used a supersonic transport (forgot which one, similar in appearance to
concord, but thats not it, and its not the soviet one either, but a ficional
aircraft in American and other liveries, well rated by flightsim.com). Flew
from Johnson Atoll to Honolulu intntl, not on a flight plan, just farting
around and pointed NE till i saw the islands on the GPS visual approach and
landing, taxi to gate. Since then when trying to load the sim i get the
usual PITA message about FSSound.dll (current version but stil lhas to ask
if i want to load it for some reason). Loading continues for a few seconds,
and as soon as the "select a flight" screen appears it immediatly crashes to
desktop. I am assuming that the SST is effin it up some from the select
flight screen, but have no idea how to work around this to get a different
aircraft selected for startup. Have tried rebooting system, no joy (worked
before but not now)... Any ideas how i can get this darn thing to boot so i
can fly again?

Dan Magee

--
HPCode(1.1)-G PS++COS++POA++GOF+++*OOTP+++FF-QS DD+++HB++TR++AR++AT---*CM+++

nooneimportant
November 22nd 03, 09:24 PM
Heh, fixed my own problem... went to the flight simulator folder in my
documents just for gits and shiggles... found a couple of aptly named files
to delete, previous flight or something like that, deleted it and its
associated wx file... restarted sim, got the same FSSsound error, hit yes to
load, and got a error message stating something that the requested flight
could not be loaded, and would attempt to load default... finally success
and here i sit looking at the create a flight screen... wonder why that
plane (Shigeru Tanaka's sstnoam.zip A-ST SST2010 North America) was causing
problems.....

--

"nooneimportant" > wrote in message
> I have FScof... and a decent machine to run it on... P4 at 2 ghz and 512
> RAM... graphics are GForce2 with 64mb on it... Directx9 is installed,
driver
> versions are 6.14.10.4523 I had been able to load and run just fine for a
> while, aside from a initilization failure after deleteing an aircraft that
> made the system unstable (went ahead an put the plane back in to clear the
> error, but have no idea how to delete the AC without causing errors,
> previous versins were as simple as deleting the appropriate folder). Have
> made NO changes to system as far as software is concerend in a couple of
> weeks, was able to run sim fine as of yesterday morning. For that flight
> used a supersonic transport (forgot which one, similar in appearance to
> concord, but thats not it, and its not the soviet one either, but a
ficional
> aircraft in American and other liveries, well rated by flightsim.com).
Flew
> from Johnson Atoll to Honolulu intntl, not on a flight plan, just farting
> around and pointed NE till i saw the islands on the GPS visual approach
and
> landing, taxi to gate. Since then when trying to load the sim i get the
> usual PITA message about FSSound.dll (current version but stil lhas to ask
> if i want to load it for some reason). Loading continues for a few
seconds,
> and as soon as the "select a flight" screen appears it immediatly crashes
> desktop. I am assuming that the SST is effin it up some from the select
> flight screen, but have no idea how to work around this to get a different
> aircraft selected for startup. Have tried rebooting system, no joy
(worked
> before but not now)... Any ideas how i can get this darn thing to boot so
> can fly again?
>
> Dan Magee
>
> --
> HPCode(1.1)-G PS++COS++POA++GOF+++*OOTP+++FF-QS
DD+++HB++TR++AR++AT---*CM+++

Jari Kähkönen
November 24th 03, 08:50 AM
nooneimportant wrote:

> Heh, fixed my own problem... went to the flight simulator folder in my
> documents just for gits and shiggles... found a couple of aptly named
> files to delete, previous flight or something like that, deleted it and
> its associated wx file... restarted sim, got the same FSSsound error, hit

BTW, you can get rid of that error message by inserting these lines to you
fs9.cfg which can be found from \Documents and
Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\

[OldModules]
FSSOUND.DLL=1

-Jari

nooneimportant
November 24th 03, 03:03 PM
Cool... doing even now...

--

"Jari Kähkönen" > wrote in message
> nooneimportant wrote:
>
> > Heh, fixed my own problem... went to the flight simulator folder in my
> > documents just for gits and shiggles... found a couple of aptly named
> > files to delete, previous flight or something like that, deleted it and
> > its associated wx file... restarted sim, got the same FSSsound error,
hit

> BTW, you can get rid of that error message by inserting these lines to you
> fs9.cfg which can be found from \Documents and
> Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\
>
> [OldModules]
> FSSOUND.DLL=1
>
> -Jari

Google