PDA

View Full Version : For the ASW-20 lovers out there...

Sean Fidler
May 13th 15, 02:04 AM
Get your nearly ⅓ scale (4.7m), almost ready to fly, ASW20 remote control glider here: http://youtu.be/rfpRPIxkDDA

Notice the electric launch (FESL*), electric gear, spoilers, etc. Laughable is the dolly rig required to launch with the electric motor* due to this models huge size and weight.

If I had $1500 to spend, this would be good fun.

Johnny T
May 13th 15, 05:59 AM
See... the U.S. can build a decent glider ;)

May 17th 15, 04:10 AM
On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:59:23 AM UTC-4, Johnny T wrote:
> See... the U.S. can build a decent glider ;)

Duckhawk, Sparrowhawk (R), Concordia, HP-24, HP Series, Schweizer series.....

Plenty of fine sailplanes to be found in the U.S

Best Regards,
Daniel

May 17th 15, 04:39 AM
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 8:10:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:59:23 AM UTC-4, Johnny T wrote:
> > See... the U.S. can build a decent glider ;)
>
> Duckhawk, Sparrowhawk (R), Concordia, HP-24, HP Series, Schweizer series.....
>
> Plenty of fine sailplanes to be found in the U.S
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel

Yeah, I know... it was just a really bad joke - The plane in that video is made by Hander 9 (Horizon Hobby) - a USA based RC hobby company.

Speaking of the Duckhawk... it seems like production began in 2012... why are the no videos of it in action? How many people actually own one? How many are WP able to build per year?

Anyone know?

Johnny T
May 17th 15, 05:21 AM
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 8:10:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:
>
>
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel

Yeah, I know... it was just a really bad joke. The plane in the video that Sean linked to is made by Hangar 9 (Horizon Hobby) - a USA based manufacturer of RC aircraft.

btw... speaking of the Duckhawk - where are the videos of it flying? Didn't it come out in 2012? How many have been built since? How many can WP build a year? Anyone know?

Craig Funston
May 17th 15, 02:12 PM
Hanger 9 may be based in the U.S., but odds are the glider was produced offshore.

May 17th 15, 02:37 PM
On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 12:21:50 AM UTC-4, Johnny T wrote:
> On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 8:10:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:59:23 AM UTC-4, Johnny T wrote:
> > > See... the U.S. can build a decent glider ;)
> >
> > Duckhawk, Sparrowhawk (R), Concordia, HP-24, HP Series, Schweizer series.....
> >
> > Plenty of fine sailplanes to be found in the U.S
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Daniel
>
> Yeah, I know... it was just a really bad joke. The plane in the video that Sean linked to is made by Hangar 9 (Horizon Hobby) - a USA based manufacturer of RC aircraft.
>
> btw... speaking of the Duckhawk - where are the videos of it flying? Didn't it come out in 2012? How many have been built since? How many can WP build a year? Anyone know?

They had just completed a third one. They can build several a year if production ramps up.

Regards,
Daniel

Steve Leonard[_2_]
May 17th 15, 05:24 PM
On Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 10:10:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
>
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel

Zuni, Concept 70, Laister Nugget and LP-49, Breigleb BG series....

Johnny T
May 19th 15, 05:45 AM
Ok ok ok... I get it... it was a really bad joke, especially if you don't fly RC planes... I promise to work on my joke quality and delivery... and yes, I absolutely do realize most RC planes are built in China - believe me, I have waited many a weeks for a back-ordered product to be announced as "the shipping container is on the docks - almost ready to ship out".

Btw, I appreciate the history lesson of American made gliders - I really don't know that much about the history of American designed ships... however, I can't help but notice a striking similarity with all of them... < 20 made. Bummer. Why can't Paul Allen, Bill Gates, Bill Joy, or Elon Musk decide to build a competitive glider? Most of those guys waste all of their money on stupid boats :)

Google