PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my Elite pedals?

Aake
November 24th 03, 04:10 PM
Hi all,

I own a Thrustmaster Attack throttle, combined with a joystick (Top Gun?)
and Elite rudder pedals. The joystick plugs into the rudders which plugs
into the throttle. This combo worked fine with my old computer, but now I've
upgraded to a new computer and run into some problems.

1. The soundcard don't have any game port. This can be fixed with an
USB->Game port-adapter.
2. These adapters can't handle digital units (so I've heard), and the attack
throttle is digital.
3. The throttle has no drivers campatible to winXP (I've been told)

This leaves me with a couple of alternatives:
a) Sell the controls, and buy a new USB stick with built-in throttle and
twisting handle to simulate pedals.
b) Get a USB->Game port-adapter to use my old joystick together with my
pedals, and forget about the throttle.
c) Get a USB->Game port-adapter to the pedals, and buy a USB joystick with
throttle. (Will that work?)

I'm a gliderpilot in real life, so I really like the pedals when flying
simulators (because you have to make use of the pedals in every turn with a
sailplane) to keep my flying trim up to date.

Anybody that have had the same problem and solved it?
Anybody that have a sugestion what I should do?

Greatings,
Aake

DGRTEK
November 27th 03, 12:43 AM
I've got the same problem with glider programs and the ch usb pro pedals.
Which program do you use for the glider sim?
Douglas

Aake
November 27th 03, 12:21 PM
Same problem? Meaning that your glider programs doesn't recognize your
pedals?
My problem is that there is no available driver to my non-usb flight set-up
(Attack throttle (digital) coupled with pedals and joystick (both analog)).
And my computer has not got an game port.

I have used FU1, FU3 and MSFS2k2. Now with my new (I'm a happy boy... man!)
computer, I have intentions to use SFSPC (Soaring Flight Simulator) and/or
SOTS (Sailors Of The Sky).

"DGRTEK" > wrote in message
> I've got the same problem with glider programs and the ch usb pro pedals.
> Which program do you use for the glider sim?
> Douglas

Dashi
November 27th 03, 10:01 PM
"Aake" > wrote in message
> Same problem? Meaning that your glider programs doesn't recognize your
> pedals?
> My problem is that there is no available driver to my non-usb flight
set-up
> (Attack throttle (digital) coupled with pedals and joystick (both
analog)).
> And my computer has not got an game port.
>
> I have used FU1, FU3 and MSFS2k2. Now with my new (I'm a happy boy...
man!)
> computer, I have intentions to use SFSPC (Soaring Flight Simulator) and/or
> SOTS (Sailors Of The Sky).

I've tried both and I like Sots better, looks more realistic but don't know
about the flight models.

What's the best airplance to start out with?

Dashi

> "DGRTEK" > wrote in message
> > I've got the same problem with glider programs and the ch usb pro
pedals.
> > Which program do you use for the glider sim?
> > Douglas

Aake
November 28th 03, 07:33 AM
"Dashi" > wrote in message
[Snip...]
> What's the best airplance to start out with?

I suppose you mean in MSFS? Well, it's been some time since I flown sims...
But I would say ASW28
(http://www.virtualsoaring.org/aircraft/aircraft3.html) is a nice one.

Dashi
November 28th 03, 08:28 PM
"Aake" > wrote in message

> "Dashi" > wrote in message
> [Snip...]
> > What's the best airplance to start out with?
>
> I suppose you mean in MSFS? Well, it's been some time since I flown
sims...
> But I would say ASW28
> (http://www.virtualsoaring.org/aircraft/aircraft3.html) is a nice one.

Thanks for the link, nice airplanes!